Chapter 13 ~ Pool Party

I woke up and realized I was alone. There was a dip in the bed next to me where Tyler had been, showing he had gotten up recently. I sat up on the bed and stretched a little. Finally, I stood up and walked out of the room. A smell seemed to fill the entire house. An amazing smell. I followed it to the kitchen where I saw Josh cooking pancakes.

"Morning," he smiled at me. I smiled shyly back before going over to a couch and sitting down. "What do you like on your pancakes?" Josh asked. He walked over so he was facing me.

"Peanut butter and syrup. That's pretty much it," I shrug. He nodded his head before returning to the kitchen. I sat silently on the couch for a moment longer before Tyler walked over and sat next to me. I leaned into the corner of the couch more. I hated how I was warming up to them. I couldn't like them. They kidnapped me. They took me away from my brother. I needed to figure out how to get away.

Josh came out with the pancakes. We all ate in awkward silence. When I was done I set the plate down and curled back into the corner of the couch. I started thinking. I may not have to like them, but they didn't need to know. The best thing I could do now was play the trust card. That might be a little difficult.

"Violet, are you okay?" Tyler asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I-I'm fine," I said quickly.

Tyler frowned. I could tell he didn't believe me. Thankfully, he didn't question me more.

"What should we do today?" Josh asked.

"We can go swimming," Tyler shrugged. "What do you think Violet?"

This was a good chance to earn their trust. "That would be nice, if I had anything to swim in," I said. "And I'm not skinnydipping," I chuckled.

"Darn," Josh joked playfully.

I opened my mouth in fake shock and glared playfully at him. "What a little perv!" I exclaimed. They both laughed slightly. I think I took them by surprise on my sudden mood change.

"You can swim in what you have on now and I can give you some of my clothes to wear afterwords," Tyler suggested.

Gross! I didn't want to wear his clothes. But, I really needed to do this. "Okay, that works. So, do you guys have a pool?"

They both looked at each other and grinned. "Of course we have a pool!" Josh exclaimed. "It's even under cover."

I widened my eyes in excitement and shock. "Then what are we waiting for?!" I shouted.

"Hold on," Tyler laughed. "Me and Josh need to go change first. Wait here."

I sat patientally on the couch waiting for them. What had I gotten myself into? Hopefully I could get away soon. I sat there until they both finally came out. They were both wearing swim trunks. Meaning they were both shirtless.

I hadn't realized I was staring until Tyler spoke up. "Like what you see?" He teased.

"Oh, s-sorry, I-I was just, erm," I stammered. I felt my cheeks heat up and I quickly looked away.

"Come on! Let's go!" Josh yelled, breaking the awkwardness. I followed them both as they ran outside to a covered area. My mouth dropped open when I saw the pool. It was an actual pool. It got to ten feet deep at the deepest and three feet at the shallowest. Off to the side a little there was even a large hot tub.

Without warning I raced forward and jumped into the air, curling up into a tight ball right before I hit the water. I swam up to the surface and looked up expectantly at Josh and Tyler. Tyler stood right at the edge of the pool and I quickly looked at Josh. I pointed at Tyler and made a shoving motion with my hands. He nodded his head to show he understood. Then, he walked behind Tyler and pushed him into the water. Josh and me both burst out laughing as Tyler swam to the surface. He popped his head up and glared at Josh.

"I'm gonna get you back for that one!" Tyler declared.

"Hey, don't blame me," Josh put his hands up in defense. "Violet told me to."

Tyler swiveled around and faced me. "Is that so?"

"Um, no?" I chuckled. Then I slowly lowered myself so I was underwater. I could swim, just not very fast. So, unfortunately Tyler caught up. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the surface. Then me started pulling me to the edge of the pool. "Josh! Help!" I called.

"No thanks, you got this!" Josh laughed. I glared at him as Tyler pulled me away. Then he jumped out of the pool. Before I could swim away he grabbed my arm again and pulled me out of the water.

"Uh, hello," I said. He picked me up bridal style and walked along the edge of the pool to the deepest spot. "What are you going to do?" I asked, although I had a pretty good idea.

"Have fun!" Tyler said. Then he threw me up in the air and towards the water. I let out a shriek as I sailed through the air. I hit the water and sank to the bottom. I sat at the bottom for a moment. It was so peaceful. So calm. I wish I could stay there forever. But my lungs said otherwise. So I slowly swam up to the surface.