Chapter 28 ~ Saviors

It had been three days now. He had punched, slapped, and kicked me several times in one of his rage fits. He was scary. It hurt me so much emotionally to see the man I once knew as my happy father like this. I wished I could make him go back to his old self. But some things just can't happen.

"Hey Violet, I'll be outside for a moment. Don't go anywhere," he chuckled a little. I heard the front door close and I quickly stood up. I had to get out of here. I needed to find a way to escape. I looked out the window in the kitchen and saw him walking outside. Maybe if I ran fast enough I could get away. But I wasn't fast. He'd win. As I sat there in deep thought I heard a yell.

"Stop! Don't move!" I quickly ran outside without even thinking and what I saw gave me hope. I saw Alex, Tyler, and Josh all outside. For a second I wondered why Alex was with them but I didn't think about it. They were all looking at my dad. My dad saw me and ran towards me. He wrapped an arm around my neck and something pressed against my temple. Where the hell did he get a gun?

"Let her go," Alex demanded. Fear flooded through me as I looked at Alex pleadingly.

"No. This is all your fault. You killed her. You killed her. Why shouldn't I kill the one you care most about?" My dad challenged.

"Because she's your daughter!" Alex snapped.

For a second the gun wavered, but then he pressed it back against my head. "Please dad," I cried. "Let me go. Please."

"No," he growled. 

Then I heard the sound of sirens off in the distance. Hope surged through me as they came closer.

"You called the police?!" He shrieked. Then a thought hit me. Tyler and Josh were here. If the police recognised me, they might take them to jail. But that should be the least of my concerns. My dad had a gun to my head. "Why'd you call them?!" He shouted. Then, without warning, he pulled back and hit me with the butt of the gun. A pain shot through my skull as I collapsed in pain. My vision was blurry, but at the second I hit the ground I saw someone tackle my dad. Someone raced by my side and lifted my head. I saw the blurry outline of Tyler.

"T-Tyler," I muttered, barely able to get the word out.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. "I'm so, so sorry. Don't leave me. You'll be okay. I promise. I'll keep you safe. I need you." I felt him wrap his arms around me as he lifted me off the ground. He said something else, but I couldn't hear. Then everything went black.

~~~

I woke up on a hospital bed. I looked around and saw Alex, Tyler, and Josh all standing around me. I slowly sat up as memories of what happened flooded my mind. "W-what-," I started but Alex cut me off.

"I saw on the news that he escaped from the mental institution. Then I got a call. It was from Tyler. He said you had gone missing and he needed my help. At first I was skeptical, since, well, he had taken you before. But I knew what had happened. There was only one place dad would take you. So we all drove down to find you," Alex informed.

"You're not going to turn them in are you?" I quetioned.

Alex sighed. "Are you sure they never hurt you? And are you sure you want them to stay?" I nodded my head. "I guess they did help save you. If you really don't want them to get in trouble, I won't tell anybody."

I smiled. "Thanks Alex. It means a lot." He sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. It felt so good to be with Alex again.

"Someone named Misty is here to see you," a nurse called. Seconds later Misty ran into the room.

"Violet?! Are you okay?" She demanded.

"Calm down Misty," Josh chuckled. "She's fine."

Alex stood up and chuckled a little. Misty ran over and hugged me. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

I chuckled a little too. "Don't worry, I'm fine." As she hugged me I looked over her shoulder and looked at Tyler. I saw sadness in his eyes. When he caught my gaze he smiled weakly. Misty finally moved away and we all sat there. "So can I leave now?" I asked.

Alex nodded. "The nurse said you're good to go."

I sighed in relief. Then I saw Tyler walking out of the room. "Tyler, wait! Where are you going?" He turned around and faced me, sadness still clouding his gaze. "You can't leave without giving me a hug," I smiled. His face seemed to lighten a bit. He walked back over and pulled me into a hug. I saw Alex tense up, but I gave him a reassuring look. "What's wrong?" I asked Tyler.

He moved back so we were face to face. "Nothing. I'm happy for you. You're back with your brother now. But the only reason you were taken from him was because of me. And I-I'm sorry. But after this I'll be out of your life." He was whispering so no one could hear what he said. Misty still didn't know about the whole kidnapping thing.

"No," I shook my head. "I know you feel bad, but you're not leaving. I want you in my life. I don't want you to leave." He shook his head so I continued. "Okay, how about this; to make it up to me for kidnapping me, you can stay in my life. For at least a couple months," I grinned.

He smiled back at me. "Deal," he said. He looked around to see if anyone was looking. Then he leaned closer and our lips met to form a kiss.