In Sickness Pt.2

AirRen

"Bye Kat."

I could tell something was going on with her but I just didn't know what. I began to let my mind wonder on all the possible ideas. Seppie began to whine at the heart monitor the doctors decided to put her on for a couple of weeks to monitor her breathing.

"Aww baby." I cooed into her ears rubbing her silk like hair rocking her back and forth into another peaceful sleep.

In minutes lil Aug was whining about his diaper not being changed.

I laid Seppie on the bed making sure not to make any sudden noises before I picked him up to change him.

Sometimes I wondered how I managed to pull off raising my babies by myself but then I realize this was a choice I made.

I needed to tell Aug and I was. I couldnt wait until i wrnt back home I needed to do this now. .

I picked up my phone in search of his name.

My stomach grew butterflies and my heart began to beat faster and faster.

Why was I so nervous to talk to a boy I knew my whole life? He knew me inside and out.

"Um... hello?" A female voice spoke.

I pulled the phone away from my ear looking at the name to be sure I hadn't dialed the wrong number.

"Uhh ... is August in? Or did I call the wrong number? " I asked just to be sure.

"Who is this?" She responded with another attitude.

"CoCo .... can I speak to August. Its an emergency."

This bitch was beginning to work my last nerves. I didn't have time for the bullshit.

"Well CoCo this is Nikkei ... his new bitch so I'd advise you to stop calling."

The words cut into me deeply. I couldn't believe it had only been a couple of months and he had already moved on.

I felt sick and helpless. I loved him with everything in me. I did anything for him

***Flashback***

"Aug why does it always take you so long to pick me up?" It was too hot in NOLA to be standing outside.

"Look Coco quick bitchin'. I'm here, right?" He asked harshly.

"What's wrong with you?" I could read him like a book and something was definitely bothering him.

"Nun... just ready to drop yo ass off so I can get back to work."

I stood there for a moment.

"What you doin'? Come on!" He ordered

"Not until you talk to me like I'm your friend and not some random ass ho' Alsina." He rushed towards me grabbing my arm making me wince in pain.

"Look I got sum shit on me okay so bring yah ass ma! I ain't tryna get caught out here." He grabbed my hand dragging me until I finally decided to walk on ny own.

"Look I gotta go make a drop real quick. Stay here for a min."

I didn't want to argue anymore so I just did what he asked. I was tired of being Aug's ride or die and I was getting treated like crap.

"Aug where are you going?" I asked

He sucked his teeth, "Across the street. Just stay here."

I didn't want to keep hassling him but something just didn't sit right with me.

"Look I could be wrong but sum ain't sitting right with me Aug. How much do you have on you?"

He held out his hand giving me and estimate. I wasn't going to let him go over there with all of it.

"Come in the store with me please. Do you trust me?" I looked into his eyes kissing his cheek.

He followed me in and gave me the rest of his stash. I bought a bag of Doritos and put the drugs in them.

Having a drug dealer as a father you learn a few tricks on how not to get caught.

We walked out and I began to walk in the direction of my house. He walked across the street and not long after he had got jammed up with an undercover officer.

**Hours Later***

I was in a tub full of tears. I couldn't believe my best friend was gone.

He was locked up and I didn't know for how long. I held myself in the tub letting out more sobs.

"Stop being a punk." He chuckled from the window.

I couldn't believe he was back. I jumped out of the tub into my best friend's arms. I kissed his soft lips letting his hands caress my body.

"How did you get here?" I asked allowing my tears to fall on his shirt.

"I made bail. It wasn't too much but I owe Mel my life. Stop crying." His soft lips touched my cheeks wiping the fallen tears away.

"August don't ever leave me again. I love you."

"I love you too CoCo. I won't. I promise. "

***Flashback Over***

I couldn't bring myself to make an excuse for his actions like I always did. I hated him now and nothing could change that not even OUR kids.

Nikkei

This bitch really though I was gon let Aug go. Not at all.

He was fine plus he would be making big money in a few years and I was the only bitch that was gon be there gettin some of it.

"Who was that?" He asked snatching his phone from me.

"No one important.Just some dude tryna sell some shit in Atlanta." I lied.

He shrugged it off. He was so naive sometimes but I always used that to my advantage.

"Aug I think we should get your number changed. I mean your gonna make it big one day and we don't need the "homies from the hood" calling you up asking for favors." I chuckled.

"Listen you my boss! You will NEVER be a manager, a girlfriend or no otha shit to me!" He snapped.

"Whatever August. I got yo career in my hands and I WILL crush it." I snapped right back. I didn't have time for his bullshit.

"Maaan FUCK you! You ah bitch I fuck to get to the top! And I ain't wit that shit no mo'!" He yelled getting in my face.

"Soo leave!" I pushed him into the wall making my way into my closet.

With that he was gone. "Ill see him in a few hours. " I tried convincing myself but I knew he was serious.
______________________

N00NiEE💙💛