An Eye For An Eye

Chapter 52 Part 1: An Eye For An Eye {short}

Authors POV

The therapist watched her movements recording everything down. Everything but her voice. Her glassy sunken eyes locked straight ahead like they've been for the past two weeks since the sessions started.

The only words that came from her were the words spoken to her still living children aside from them no contact with anyone else not even her long time boyfriend or her friends.

This was one of her lowest point since the death of her parents. She felt like nothing could make her happy. Honestly, she was beyond broken.

AirRen

"AirRen, you've been here for two weeks. Your going to have to speak about the situation."

I sat there barely listening to her but instead focusing on the beautiful images of her family that sat on the bookcase behind her.

"Ms. Mitchell, I can't keep bringing the judge short reports. You agreed to go to therapy instead of jail for attempted murder. Now you have to speak or they'll take you away.

My eyes moved away from the case staring straight at her. I didn't understand why they needed me to talk about something I didn't remember.

"Air-"

"I don't remember." I yelled unconsciously. Speaking for the first time in weeks.

"Just tell me what you remember. Please." She pled preparing her pen and paper.

I slowly turned my head to the left glancing at him. I slowly turned my head to Mrs. Smith swallowing the invisible lump that had made a home in my throat since the incident.

"All I remember ...."

Flashback

"How she doing Lolita?" Tae asked grabbing the chart from her fingers.

"Pause ... Lola yah name's Lolita?" Ny asked. "And your a nurse."

"Hold the hell up ... I knew you looked familiar!" Tae said as me and Aug's heads popped up.

"Wait ... your my fucking nurse bitch!" I spat getting angry.

Lola just stood there looking in a daze. With her glassy eyes allowing tears to roll down her cheeks onto her scrubs. Her hands were shaking and the way she bit her lips they were gonna fall off.

"TELL THEM!" Nikkei spat as Lola looked around the room clicking the pen in her nervous shaky hands.

"I'm so- I - Trey...."

"Bitch spit it out or I will!" Nikkei yelled pacing around the room. I didn't understand what was going on. What could she possibly have to say?

"Trey told me to do it. He really loves you. He's sick and ... and I'm so sorry." She whimpered.

"Do what?" I growled instantly getting heated. I popped up, not even caring about the pain my body was suffering, peeling off the surgical tape pulling the needles out of my arms and nose.

"Fuck this!" Nikkei stumped her foot breaking the buckle off of her Nike.

"August the day I texted you I really needed to tell you what she told me about what her and her pathetic brother did." Nikkei mumbled looking between August and Lola.

"Somebody betta spit dah shit out!" Aug barked clenching his jaw standing up. Trey and Chris stood immediately blocking him from Lola.

"I CHANGED THE RESULTS FOR MY BROTHER!" She blurted out sobbing harder shaking uncontrollably.

Everyone's eyes fell on Aug as he tried to pull her into his grip. I watched her attempt to run away but this was far from over.

I thought before lunging over the side of the bed tackling her. Even with the bone cracking and blood spewing from her it still wasn't enough.

The more pain and anger I felt the more she had to suffer.

'An eye for an eye'

Flashback Over

"That's all I remember." I said softly not even caring about the tears falling from my eyes.

"You don't remember trying to kill her?" The therapist asked looking up from her notes.

I shook my head no as Aug pulled me closer to him kissing my cheek.

I gave him a faint smile before gazing back at the picture remaining silent again.