x

i let out a groan walking outside in the windy weather, next to the walking reason for my early leave.

"i can't believe you got us kicked out, you know extras are really easy to replace don't you?" he didn't look guilty in the slightest at my annoyed face.

after jungkook's little flash of attitude, we'd been thoroughly scolded by a higher up in each of our respective companies, but it wasn't anything too terrible.

"you should've seen your face when they told us to leave!" he laughed at me, pausing for a bit to double over on laughter. his behavior made me wonder if he had no problem with losing the job, to which i felt bitter. i had no respect for people who couldn't work seriously.

i scoffed at his selfishness and continued to walk faster without him.

"hey, hey, wait up!" he called and jogged up to me. "i'll make it up to you!"

i quirked my brow at this and turned around curious as to what he had to offer; he had that smile again.

the damn smile that cost me roughly 70k won.

"and how exactly do you plan on doing that?" i asked feeling sassy.

"how about i take you on a date?" he winked at me.

the confidence on my face flushed away and i looked at him incredulously.

"a... what?" i asked in disbelief.

did he really just say that?

"we can pick up from where we left off." he looked at me expectantly.

"hah..." i sighed. i thought about my options and eventually conceded, "fine. you're lucky my ride won't be available for another two hours." my older friend, jin, had work till 4 today, therefore leaving me with no way to get around unless i either took a very long walk or took the public bus.

he smiled: pleased with my response.

"let's go to the café across the street, okay?"

"sounds good..." i said reluctantly. "but you're paying."

he agreed once again without hesitation.

i guess it could be fun.

CHAPTER END

edited 11.12.18