15 | kim taehyung

'meet at my apartment in an hour, we need to talk.' he'd texted me.

the outburst in the car happened at around 3 pm today. it's 9 pm now.

i was rather shocked when i saw that text, but maybe halmeoni really did solve the problem.

maybe he's going to apologize?

but... what are we after this?

standing in front of his door now fully composed, i mentally prepared for the worst.

this time, i brought coffee. tightening my grip on the cup carrier, i knocked and my heart fluttered in the silent yet anxious setting.

the fluttering intensified as the door once again unlocked and swung open, revealing jungkook.

besides seeming nervous, he looked unexpectedly determined— today was certainly a crazy day for the both of us.

i simply handed him his coffee.

"thank you... you're still so kind..." he began. " you really don't know how to stay mad at people, do you taehyung?" he smiled bitterly referring to my lack of grudge-holding ability.

it was true, even when i'd argue with jimin; i would come back the next day acting normal and we eventually would talk things out. i considered myself lucky to be able to avoid that drama stuff most of the time.

we sat at the couch deciding to avoid such boring and pointless smalltalk, so i brought up the heavy topic.

"let's skip the buildup, jungkook. i came here to allow you to explain to me—so that i wouldn't assume things." i explained. eomma always told me to never judge until i know every perspective to something.

she would be proud of me, wouldn't she?

he didn't reply and looked at the (suddenly) fascinating coffee cup in his hands.

"bunny..." he looked up at the nickname's mention. "why would you do that?"

he stared back at me till he blinked and went back to the coffee.

"i really did want to be friends with you, tae." he began with a knot in his throat. "but one day i heard you telling the other guys it was a meaningless joke, being friends with me." he said carefully.

"when have i ever said that?" my brows furrowed at the implied accusation.

"oh, so you don't remember?" he chuckled sardonically at that. "it was the first day at work after we became... okay. i left to get drinks and i overheard you so i- i ended up dropping the drinks and leaving. there was no episode i was missing, tae." he admitted.

i squinted my eyes trying to remember that day. i noticed him staring at me seriously.

"bunny, i swear to you. i never had an ulterior motive behind wanting to be your friend to begin with." i said honestly yet he still pushed on.

"tae, if you could just be honest maybe this would be eas—"

"jungkook!" i had to cut him off. "never did i think of us as fake friends, as a joke. and why am i the one being accused? aren't you the one who suddenly came out telling me you were faking it? why am i the wrong one here?" it was our first argument in two weeks, and the fact that i felt accustomed to this sent a bitter pang to my heart from the past.

jungkook stared at me in what might have been shock, but the look on his face was unreadable.

"me..." he looked away for the umpteenth time. "i only did that... because i thought you were going to reveal that you were tricking me. as in, when we were in the car."

we were both upset, confused, and impacted by what happened in the last few hours.

misunderstanding piled upon misunderstanding with fatigue in the mix.

in simple terms, we were stressed.

"jungkook, i've genuinely enjoyed being your friend all this time. no secrets, or hidden strings. this is the happiest i've been in a really long time, and if you ever heard anything like that, i was probably being sarcastic with the guys." i said with a calmer tone. "but did you? did you cherish us as much as i did? you seem to be the only person who could go a day without getting annoyed with me."

he took a sip from his coffee.

"yes, taehyung. i really did, but that's why it hurt so much when i thought all of your smiles, laughing, and compliments. it hurt when i thought that all of those were just acting. i feel the same way that you do." he still had a look of sadness in his eyes, it was different from the sad scenes in our movies together.

in our movies, he'd act like the type to try his hardest to stand tall and be strong.

this real jungkook had tight shoulders and a slight pout. he just looked so unexpectedly vulnerable, enough so to make my heart clench.

"it wasn't acting, kookie. i can promise you that." the situation now being vaguely cleared up, neither of us knew what to say right now.

eventually, he was the first to break the tension.

"that's a relief, then." he sighed. "i was scared halmeoni wouldn't let me see the light of day tomorrow." he half smiled at me, and i laughed grinning feeling more optimistic now.

"do you wanna make a deal, kookie?" i suddenly asked.

"a deal?"

"let's do our best to not keep secrets and worries to ourself, okay? honestly is a valuable thing, after all." i held my hand out for him to confirm our deal.

"you... you still want to be friends with me?" he asked in disbelief.

"of course! i can't let the only one who can stand me leave, now can i?" i joked.

he chuckled at my probably unnecessary deal, but still shook my hand nevertheless.

my heart was beaming with happiness when we finally concluded the apparently large misunderstanding.

i really wanted to stay and keep talking to him, but it was already 10pm and i had to get home. it's been an exhausting day, after all.

"hey, i'd really love to hang out with you more but i think we could both use a good nights rest." i suggested and he nodded. i could now see how tired his eyes looked compared to this afternoon.

"y-yeah..." he yawned. "i agree with that one... but do you want to hang out tomorrow?"

"tomorrow?" i said to myself. "ah, i have a hair dye appointment tomorrow. my role has to dye his hair at some point, so i've been waiting to get it done."

i was disappointed, i wanted to keep hanging out with kookie.

"hm... is it okay if i come with you? i need a trim anyways~" he grinned at his new idea.

there it is, that bunny smile he knows i love.

"heh, sure bunny." i replied slipping on my coat. "i can pick you up tomorrow at 10AM then, since my appointment is at 11AM."

"yay~~ i get to see taehyung's newly dyed hair!" he finally reverted back to his cheerfully innocent self. jungkook was a lot like jimin, but taller and into darker colors.

we were both smiling, even as i threw away my coffee cup and grabbed my belongings.

"see you tomorrow tae!" he said happily.

"yup! good night, my bunny." i said not minding my words much and left.

even as i drove home, i probably crazy with my idiotic grin.

but i didn't care.

CHAPTER END

how do you all feel about taehyung and jungkook's make up? sweet or unrealistic?

thank you all so much for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!!