36 | jeon jungkook

flashback chapter
-=-=-=-

i let out a deep sigh standing outside the doors of my new workplace.

BigHit Entertainment

'this is it.' i internally spoke to myself. 'this the day you've worked up to your whole life.'

pushing the door, i was overwhelmed with busy, yet professional looking people walking around the lobby moving between different hallways.

'i wonder if i'll make any friends? what kind of person should i even be around here? the show off? the humble one? the cheerful one? the moody one? flirty? maybe i co—'

my thoughts halted when i bumped into another boy my age. he had dark chocolate hair, and pink lips to die for.

"a-ah, i'm sorry! i'm new here and i'm just lost..." he said to me apologetically.

"ah, don't worry about it. i'm new too." i replied as cool as i could.

"i'm beginning to think they built this place like a maze." he tried to joke.

"oh, that's so stupid." i said slightly hurriedly since i'm late, referring to the building's set up, but he appeared to take it the wrong way. he looked up at me with new strength in his eyes.

"what? i didn't take you as the rude type." he backed up. "i'll just find my way myself, thank you very much."

"huh? calm down a second, i—" i tried to extinguish the sudden hostility, but he cut me off.

"no, it's fine i'll get out of your way now. i'm late anyways." he stormed off quickly into one of the hallway entrances.

i stood there blankly processing what had escalated so quickly.

'he's probably stressed and nervous since it's his first day.' i decided. i could relate, after all. 'maybe i shouldn't go for the cool guy demeanor, that didn't feel very good. i wonder what that guy's name is anyway? will i be working with him?'

running a hand through my hair, i came across a small display of the building layout.

'if i see him again, i'll apologize and explain.'

settling on such a decision, i made my way to the set.

today we have to start preparations for my first movie. it's a very simple movie about a kpop group, called bts. it's simple because it's actually an improv type of movie in which we can use whatever personality we choose. i'm pretty much set on just being myself, but the thing is that i'm part of a new experiment by bighit. our stagnant-concept is that we can find our soulmates no matter what universe, time, or how far apart we are. our group of... seven? the seven of us are going to be together in all our movies from now on, finding our "soulmate" every time. well, unless it's a tragedy movie.

this is going to be our first impression on our audience, so the pressure's on.

our motto is, "all this is not a coincidence."

i've never met my partner, kim taehyung, but i still blindly agreed to it since i was offered very high starting pay for it. the pay was almost doubled, and knowing my parents were no longer willing to support me, i instantly accepted it.

before i knew it, the door was the only thing between me and my future.

flattening down my shirt and fluffing up my hair a bit, i pushed on the door.

it didn't open.

"hey, it's you again." the guy from earlier appeared behind me.

"oh, hey about earlier—"

"cut the crap, i really can't take any extra stress today." he avoided my eyes. "the door is a pull, not a push, by the way."

he pulled on the door handle and went inside leaving me speechless standing there like an idiot for the second time in an hour.

"you're interesting, mystery boy." i mumbled, soon following him inside.

the room was painted dark colors, ideal for a filming studio. i noticed the guy that might and up hating me in the corner speaking with a taller guy, and walked up to the lead director on the opposite side of the room hoping to have as little to do with him as possible.

"excuse me, sir?" he turned around and immediately seemed to recognize me.

"oh, if it isn't our lead role!" he announced loudly. i glanced around the room slightly nervous. the mystery guy's eyes widened after hearing the director's words.

'ha, probably scared since he was rude to the main lead of project bts.'

instantly smirking at the thought, i looked in his direction with new confidence.

"have you met kim taehyung yet? he'll be your lead partner for a long time so please get along." he smiled taking the hand of the 'mystery boy' and pulling him towards me.

"shit..." we both whispered in unison, now face to face.

CHAPTER END

i screwed up my piano rehearsal so bad like it couldn't have gone worse lol