20 | jeon jungkook

ayyy we hit chapter 20

+ THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING ABSOLUTLEY WONDERFUL WE HIT 2K YESTERDAY
-=-=-=-

i was lucky to wake up to taehyung's smiling face.

if i could, i'd wake up like that every morning.

for the sake of avoiding unnecessary awkwardness, i went to taehyung who was waiting in the living room as i normally would have.

"oh hey, it's like 11 now... we can still hit jin's cafe for like 20 minutes and make it to the appointment." he said as i came in, while i went near the door to slip on my timbs (pair #11).

"sure, sounds good to me~" i chimed.

if i were to be completely honest, i didn't really care as long as i could be with tae.

i might be getting my hopes up too high, but i think i might have a chance. even halmeoni said so!

we ended up taking my car, so i slipped into the drivers seat while he went around to the passengers seat— i pulled out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"hey, is it okay if i play something?" he said referring to the radio.

"sure, go ahead." i replied keeping my eyes on the road.

the radio station went silent for a bit, when i realized he was putting my song on the radio again; the same song as last time.

"we don't talk anymore~"

"ahhh, do we really have to listen to this...?" i asked. i felt embarrassed, for i wasn't that confident in my singing yet.

"you're such a talent, kookie!" he said ignoring grammatical rules. "and guess what?" he asked.

"...what?" i replied without anything else to say.

"we're gonna sing together james corden style!" he cheered.

if i wasn't a responsible driver, i would be giving him an 'are you sure about that' look.

i was about to reply, but he interrupted before i could say anything.

"you can't refuse!" he added in. "or i'll fake cry and people will look at you weird." he playfully threatened. i glanced at his begging face for a second, and sighed rolling my eyes.

the perk of being an actor, i guess.

"we don't talk anymore... what was all of it for? ooh, we don't talk anymore like we used to do..." i sang along quietly to the radio and i could hear his widening smile in his happy little laugh.

"come on, louder for the people in the back!" he said quoting tumblr.

i laughed at his excitement singing louder, and he even joined in.

i couldn't help but admire his smile, as usual; and for the umpteenth time we smiled together like idiots.

we sang together and i was shocked at how deep (and lowkey sexy, but don't tell him i said that) his singing voice was.

the song ended and we laughed at how surprisingly fun it was to sing together without a care in the world.

"we're totally doing that again." he said, pausing the music from continuing on his phone.

"i completely i agree with that." i agreed light heartedly.

we parked on the side of the street, and the well cared for pastel cafe was in front of us. i locked the car as we made our way inside, and the two of us sat down at the counter.