17 | jeon jungkook

i know you're all mad at me, love you too

but here's the second part of the update for today ❤️

-=-=-=-

*before taehyung comes to the apartment*

i sighed watching the clock tick by. it's 8:15PM, and the sky is dark already.

he should be here in around 15 minutes.

i weighed the decision to call namjoon for advice, and decided that maybe he could actually help me this time.

i hit the call button on his contact info.

calling 'the destructor' ...

"hello? jungkook?" i heard his voice over the phone.

"yeah, hey namjoon." i replied. "remember that series i told you about two weeks ago?"

"...yeah, the one with the ex-rivals?" he replied thoughtfully.

"mhm, well the guy actually ended up doing what you thought would happen. the guys argued and are gonna talk it out in the next episode. what do you think?"

"this would be a lot easier if i knew what show this wa—"

"a-ah! well it's... a secret." i said lamely.

"i can't understand why it has to be a secret, but then again, i don't think anyone in the world understands you jungkook."

taehyung did.

he continued talking, "i feel like the other main guy, the one with the prank, i feel like he's gonna deceive the main character. it'll add in to the drama aspect." i felt uneasy with his response. i was hoping he would confirm my hopes of being real friends this time, but this only made me more uneasy.

knock knock (KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK ON MY DOOR)

"oh, the door!" i said into the phone jumping up.

here we go

"namjoon-hyung, thanks for talking to me about it, i gotta go bye!"

"jeon jungkook, i swear you've gotta stop that, i didn't even get to ask about earlie—" i hung up knowing he'd always end up forgiving me in the end.

namjoon's just like that~

turning my attention to the door, i let out a breath and finally opened the door with a racing heart.

if this goes well, we can finally both be at peace and happy.

-=-=-=-
*at 9:10PM*

i watched out the window as taehyung's car drove away into the night, leaving behind reassurance and nothing but optimism for myself.

every time i encounter him, my heart is left racing and my face is flushed warm; in the best possible way. i can finally relax now, for i finally have full faith in him.

to sum it all up, fuck namjoon's overly analyical nonexistent ass for making me doubt my tae.

i was once again alone. i was exhausted in the emotional, physical, and metaphoric sense.

he's worth it all, though.

i learned my back against my bedroom room realizing how absolutely whipped i am for kim taehyung.

i was about to get in bed when someone knocked on the door.

tae, did you forget something?

i eagerly jumped out of bed and went for the door. i let my lingering smile calm a bit, and swung open the door carelessly.

that was my first mistake.