27 | jeon jungkook

"who are you?" taehyung asked surprised.

our unexpected visitor ran past the ruined furniture and put it's paws on taehyung's legs excitedly, then to me.

"...jungkook, who's puppy is this?" taehyung asked confused, looking around at some of the damaged furniture.

i picked up the small puppy not so concerned about diseases because it appeared to be well groomed. this puppy probably belongs to someone in the building.

i noticed that the window by the fire escape was slightly open.

"i think this girl belongs to someone in the building. she has a tag, too." i said. "i really don't know what to say about all this though." i motioned to the broken vase, torn up couch, and the extra little... gifts on the rug. "the tag says 'sunshine' and the name of the building, but there's no apartment number."

the dog appeared to be of the corgi breed, and very very young.

"hi, sunshine!" squealed a now sitting taehyung. i put sunshine down and the puppy ran to him energetically. "aren't you a good girl~?"

he continued to play with the puppy as i walked into my apartment checking out the damage.

a ruined couch, 7 broken vases, a... soiled floor.

someone's gonna have to pay for this stuff, but i don't know if a can look someone in the eye and ask them to.

"let's ask around?" i suggested, to which he nodded.

he picked up the puppy and we prioritized finding this puppy's owner.

an hour later, and we'd knocked on every door but one on the top floor at the end of the hall.

"okay, this door has got to be the one. if it's not, then it might belong to someone that wasn't home at the time."

"are you sleepy, sunshine?" i looked at the sleeping puppy in taehyung's arms. "don't worry, we'll find your parents soon..." he gently pet the soft fur on the sunshine's head.

i felt warm inside seeing him so calm and gentle, cradling her in his arms and looking at her adoringly.

if he was like this to a person though, i'd have a couple issues.

i proceeded to knock on the wooden door.

once it opened, we didn't expect to see hoseok-hyung standing there sadly.

"huh? jungkook, taehyung? what are you two doing h— is that sunshine?" his eyes widened slightly.

"is this your dog?" taehyung gently passed the sleeping sunshine to hoseok, and neither of us expected him to suddenly burst into tears.

"hyung..." mumbled jungkook.

"a-ah, i'm sorry you two..." he wiped his eyes on his shoulder, calming down slightly. we didn't reply, for it was rare to see him sad. we saw him cry when his family sent that birthday video, but that was less sad than bittersweet. "and i'm sorry for waking you up sunshine."

sunshine, of course, didn't understand. however, she still licked the tears from his face.

he laughed a bit and pulled her away.

"thanks, sunshine." he said softly.

"hyung, are you okay?" jungkook asked delicately. something really bad must have happened for him to be this upset.

"oh... you see, this was my grandmother's room before." he started. "sunshine was her dog, but she p-passed a few days..."

taehyung and i paid good attention to his story, silently nodding in understanding.

hoseok and his grandmother were closer than hoseok to his parents, like taehyung. he would come to her a lot as a child when he was sad, but she came down with a terminal illness a few months ago. she knew she would pass soon, so before she did she adopted sunshine.

she named her sunshine because she wanted hoseok to continue to be bright and happy even when she was gone.

his story ended, and we all came in for a group hug as hoseok continued to cry, but smiling this time.

the sun set and the moon came out, and we had both gone back to taehyung's apartment.

"so what are you gonna do about the apartment? taehyung asked.

at this point, the two of us were laying in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about our hyung, my slightly trashed apartment, and other things. i think taehyung was thinking of halmeoni, too.

"you can stay here longer if you'd like, we didn't do any of the cleaning we initially planned to do, plus there's that whole extra mess to deal with. thank goodness we cleaned sunshine's little gifts before it made the apartment smell, haha..." he said.

"thank you so much, tae..." i turned to look at him and he did the same. "i promise i'll pay you back for this someday."

we were maybe an inch apart at this point, but neither of us moved away.

"no need, anything for you." he smiled softly.

maybe it was the exhaustion, or maybe it was the close proximity, but something compelled us to move forward— ever so slowly.

a light kiss.

a light kiss that set my heart much further ablaze than any of the fake scenes we'd had together before.

it felt less forced, less dramatic; gentle. it sent my heart into a frenzy of fireworks, explosions and such.

it only lasted a second.

my heart stopped when i finally processed what we'd just done.

"i-i uh..." i avoided his gaze, but i noticed that he hadn't left mine. "that was... ah, good night tae." i turned over and pressed my hands to where my heart was in attempt to calm its rampage.

"bunny..." he said in a voice hardly above a whisper. "good night." he said and i assumed he turned over as well.

my breathing felt harsh, yet i was able to keep it quiet.

it would be a long, long time before i would be able to find sleep that night.

CHAPTER END

why hello there :)

the plot's messy af but i think i know where i'm going with this

(that's a lie but i have key events set i just need to figure out how to develop to that point)

so how do you think the lil kissy might change the plot? will this strengthen their relationship or make it awkward?

how will the mystery man react?

hohoho i'm having fun

thanks for reading !! don't forget to vote, comment, and follow 💛