41 | jeon jungkook

the flashback chapters are more or less over? this chapter will still be about the past but more in the point of view of present jungkook.

-=-=-=-

i smiled softly at the memories in the hospital. once he'd woken up, i continued to spend every day with him.

rivalry forgotten; for his week of recovery we would play games, have random conversations and banters, watch (cry over) kdrama together, it was wonderful. it was as though we'd been best friends for years.

i thought the whole thing over again.

it had taken him a month to get over his coma.

it took him a whole week after he fully woke up to recover in the hospital.

it took me a month and a half to fall in love with the boy i hardly knew the first thing about.

yet it only took a second for him to forget it all.

the day he was finally released from the hospital, i ended up being the one to drive him home.

he was stepping into the passenger seat of my car and lightly bumped his head.

i didn't know it affected him and laughed it off, but the smile wiped off my face at his next words.

"why am i here? aren't you that rude boy i just saw in the lobby of bighit— why... why are we in front of the hospital?" he looked around alarmed and panicked at the time, as my heart broke and sunk.

i took him back to the hospital despite his confusion and protest.

they were shocked and explained that he was still pretty sensitive and lost a small portion of his memory just from that small bump. they probably said more about the situation, but i tuned them out. they said something about a small procedure that would make his head less prone to the same thing happening again.

"i need you tell all acquaintances to avoid overloading him with all this information for maybe a year or two. he should be told about his situation, but please don't try to force any unnecessary memories." they had told me in a professional voice that contradicted the internal panic in me.

maybe our friendship wasn't meant to be... yet.

"so who are you?" he had asked on the fateful day of his return.

"i'm jeon jungkook. i'm your rival, and co-star." i winked and smiled fakely, masking the pain searing in my heart.

i decided that suddenly telling him about our friendship would directly rebel against what the doctors instructed of me.

"ah is that so? i look forward to competing with you, kook." he said and walked away. the pain in my heart increased at the use of the name 'kook'. that was what he called me before...

that night, i cried myself to sleep.

now in the present, taehyung and i lay on the bed together staring at the night sky. his father must have been really thoughtful to think of adding a hinge to open up the roof.

"i lost my memory for two weeks is what you're saying? and was in a coma for a month after the fire at bighit? you're saying that we were inseparable for a week,
only for you to lie for the sake of my mental health? that's why nobody would ever talk to me about the fire? or my weird memory gap? i have so many questions jungkook—" he ranted, and i shut him up the only way i knew.

for the third time today, we kissed.

once this morning, once in the closet, once now.

but this one didn't last like the others did.

i quickly separated our lips taking advantage of his speechlessness whlist simply resting our foreheads against one another.

"taehyung, i've been in love with you since the day you saved me from that fire." i finally admitted. a four-year old weight lifted from shoulders, but i knew the conversation was far from over.

silence filled the air as we stared into each others eyes. i practically melted into the rich, deep chocolate orbs staring at me, and continued on.

"they told us to not try to force any memories on you. it could've hurt you back then." i said justifying our actions. "i'm sorry, tae."

he shook his head and let out a breath at this.

"don't say sorry." he said in his low, calmer voice. "you did it to protect me, in a way."

the silence wasn't awkward, thank goodness. the both let our minds sink into the twinkling sky above us.

"i bet they're wondering where we are by now." he said changing the topic.

he's right, it's been an hour.

"it's fine." i replied. "i texted them."

"oh, good."

silence, again.

i felt slight discomfort with the fact that he didn't reply to my confession.

"tae?"

"hm?" he hummed. i stared at the ethereality in front of me. gazing aimlessly like this, i suddenly found myself with a new favorite view. no photograph or painting could ever top this moment.

"why are you looking at me like that?" taehyung asked.

"ah, no reason." i smiled softly at him. "it's really beautiful, isn't it?"

"yeah, it is." he sighed again staring at the sky in peace.

"taehyung?" i asked again breaking the silence.

"yeah?"

"what are we?"

he didn't reply for a few seconds.

"well..." he started. "what do you want us to be?"

"i want to be yours." i replied instantly without thinking it over much. my face heated up at my words knowing i couldn't take them back, and awaited his reply.

"well that works out well, because i want you to be mine." he said turning his body to face mine with his innocent smile.

i returned the shy smile.

"taehyung, we'll get answers to all of your questions together, okay?"

he nodded calmer now.

we spent the rest of the night staring at the sky together, perfectly content.

we forgot the past.

we forgot J.

we forgot the other guys.

tonight, all we thought of were the awkwardly unsure cuddles and the stars above till we fell asleep in one another's arms.

it was heaven, and he was my angel.

CHAPTER END

aww :,)

it's not a cliffhanger yay

i tried to make this as sweet as possible so i hope it worked