48 | jeon jungkook

relief.

we went over our whole story, even giving little details as we basked in memories of the past.

i learned new things about taehyung's point of view, and he learned new things about my own.

(for a while, i think we forgot the others were there until jimin started to sniffle.)

(he's a very emotional person)

none of us could believe it when jin and namjoon came back during the most recent part of our story.

"no way... it's been two hours?" taehyung said in shock.

"it's actually been two and a half. it took longer than we expected." jin said. "what have you guys been doing all this time?"

"we were listening to—" jimin began, but i was less in favor of mentioning taehyung and i around namjoon.

"watching our old movies." i smoothly finished for him. it's not that he didn't know, because he probably does by now. it's not that i've lost all faith in him either. namjoon has been there for me during the rough times, and i know he's not a bad person, so i'm willing to listen to what he has to say. i know that he likes taehyung in the way that i do, so i want to avoid hurting him like that.

however.

it's not that i've fully forgiven him, either.

us being actors, the other guys were able to keep their confusion subtle in only simple eye contact with me.

"ah, really? i wish i could have watched too!" jin whined in his usual happy-go-lucky nature.

i noticed namjoon looking worriedly at jin, which was odd because jin was behaving as he always has. maybe namjoon's worried for himself?

oh. right.

"jungkook, can we talk now?" he said quietly so that it wouldn't cause a big awkwardness among the other guys. i nodded to this with the same intent as he, and we made our way to an empty make up room, but on the way i could feel taehyung's hand brush against mine as we made eye contact.

silence was the only thing between us for a while. so dense you could cut into it, so heavy that it felt like it was crushing you.

"jungkook." his words felt piercing, even though he spoke in such a soft tone.

i was still afraid to speak so i only looked up to make eye contact to show i was willing to listen.

"words cant express how much i regret doing this all to you." he sighed. "i'm sure you've connected the dots and figured out that i fell for taehyung too, so i tried to scare you away from him. i regret it, so much jungkook. i should've just let you be happy."

i nodded again. his words were passionate and i wanted him to get out everything he wanted to say.

"'m not making the same mistake twice. i can see in the way his eyes light up around you how much he loves you. i can see how genuinely happy you both are together. you've both been happier in these last few weeks that i've ever seen you two be before." it was his turn to shift. he avoided my eye contact and looked at the floor. "i've never made him that h-happy in my life, jungkook. you simply standing beside him surpasses any happiness i've emitted from him in my four years of loving him."

that last part hit me hard. he's loved him just as long as i have, but he doesn't know it. he's surrendering without even knowing i loved taehyung all this time. my heart felt heavy hearing this, since it's my first time seeing him break down like this. he then restored the eye contact with eyes brimming with tears.

"please, please promise me that you'll find more ways to make him happy like i never could. please love him with all your heart, love him like i n-never got the chance to." he stared at me fully earnest, heart now open despite being cracked and torn at.

"hyung..." i finally said. it was my first time speaking since we entered the room. "i promise." i whispered.

"good. now... please go to him. make him happy." he said.

my heart broke seeing my selfless hyung like this. it made me forgive him for everything, even though i hadn't even heard the full explanation.

love makes people do crazy things, after all.

i stood to leave, but i immediately went to hug him.

he's still my hyung. he's still the person who let me rant to him at 2am, and didn't fall asleep. he's still the person who would take me to the movies when i was feeling down. he's still one of my best friends, regardless of everything.

the heaviness in my heart doubled as i heard him cry right before the door fully closed shut.

i genuinely trust namjoon, and that he won't betray my trust from here on out. there wasn't a single trace of a lie in any of his words.

the only lie he gave to me was in his smile.

CHAPTER END

did i write this scene well? pls pls pls be h o n e s t because i want to improve my writing!

i'm a little later than usual but i hope you have a wonderful day!

the book's nearing its end...