1 | jeon jungkook

*pov indicated in chapter title*
-=-=-=-
thank god filming is finally done with.

even though the cold seoul air nipped at my exposed face, my heart was still warm and racing, despite the fact that filming ended more than 30 minutes ago.

his lips were soft.

i sighed to myself, how exactly did i get into this situation?

i have a unique... situation with taehyung. bighit hired us to test out a publicity experiment. the only movies taehyung and i can be in are ones where we co-star. they wanted to test pre-set actor couples and see how it would work out (and yes, it sounds pretty stupid put into words but shush).

of course, i too found the idea stupid in the beginning, but once i saw the pay they were offering? it's already hard as it is to get a good job as an actor so i thought, it can't be that bad right?

well, past jungkook, it could be that bad. sort of.

back when taehyung and i first met, i tried to play the bad-boy don't-mess-with-me cool-guy act, but i came across as an asshole and didn't know how to admit it was all an act. whoops.

as time went on i just kind of stayed like that, and now i'm stuck. i can't exactly go up to him with an 'oh, yeah, i faked my personality for the past four years by the way. who knew i'd end up completely gay for you? haha, i sure as hell did not. anyways, are we cool? wanna grab dinner or...?'

i scoffed at myself, knowing it wouldn't be so easy. i wasn't even sure how to approach such a predicament in the first place.

stepping into my truck, i drove home, and the lingering feel of his lips on mine still a blessing yet a curse shrouding my thoughts.

uneventfully, i took my usual route home and laid in bed staring at the ceiling.

do you know how exhausting it is? the person you've been in love with for four years hates your existence, and having to pretend to hate them back?

yeah, i brought this upon myself, but that doesn't make it suck any less.

i want to stop pretending so badly, but...?

i picked up my phone and scrolled through taekook fanpages. it's kind of sad for me to scroll through my own fanpage (or half me, at least), but these fanpages are dedicated to taehyung and i.

little do they know, though.

i too,

run a vkook fanpage.

the best part of this was that i got my hands on special content, because i could literally make my own by simply snapping a picture. the tricky part was actually managing to get the two of us in the same shot without being weird about it. i even got a picture of taehyung in his dressing room once (let's just say i couldn't post that) (whoops) (it became a jungkook exclusive photo).

i wasn't complaining, because i got to see a cute pout on his face for the whole day, and a priceless picture of shirtless taehyung.

i am so fucking gay.

and hungry.

i groaned and got up realizing i ate my last cup noodle yesterday.

"come on, me." i tried to encourage myself to get out of bed. surprisingly enough, it worked.

i slipped on a coat and my timbs. after a quick check in the mirror, i grabbed my wallet and stepped out of the apartment. the door clicked shut and i began my journey to the convenience store on the corner of my building.

-=-=-=-

"hell yeah, classic chicken." i grabbed 4 cups of chicken ramen, because it's classy. duh.

the store cashier rolled his eyes at me.

"i can't tell you how many times i've seen kids your age grab from the instant ramen section like it was a gift from heaven." to match his sarcasm, his face remained bored and unchanging.

"oh." i cleared my throat, ready to enlighten this man's oblivious soul. "sir, on behalf of all the 20 year olds that hail the instant ramen, i'd like to educate you." i said with the sassy tone he both deserved and needed. "instant ramen is indeed, a gift from heaven. sir, this little cup contains everything that could make anybody happy in this world. faith, trust, 2110mg of sodium, 58g of carbohydra—" i was cut off when a hand grabbed mine. the person put some money down and dragged me out of the store with the cashier looking relieved.

guess he couldn't handle the full power of my instant ramen facts. i can't blame him, only capable, intelligent, higher beings can reach such a level.

suddenly it dawned on me that i was sitting in a car with a hooded stranger, and we'd already left the convenience store.

holy shit, how is it even possibly for me to be this scatterbrained?

"wh-wha— who are you and why are you taking me?" i asked with my best confident voice, trying to ignore the awkwardness that followed as i dropped the bagged ramen cup to my feet.

the person jumped a bit after i spoke. i must have been in my own head for awhile.

"you're really stupid, but also really lucky that i'm not here to kidnap you." he pulled down his hood and i was shocked to say the least. of all people, why him?

"taehyung?" i forgot to add my usual tone to my voice, but i didn't really care at the moment. i didn't know whether to be happy, shocked, or annoyed, but it was probably mostly happiness.

"you were really giving that guy a scolding, even though it's already 11pm," he said casually.

"he needed to be educated," i said bluntly. "why did you take me?" i asked. i was more relaxed now that i knew i could at least trust him. we never spoke of it, but we had somewhat of a spiteful rivalry. lucky for me, taehyung isn't actually a bad person, but he still hates my guts.

it was silent for a couple seconds before he spoke again.

"...i need a favor."

a favor?

wait... maybe this is my way out...

"uh... okay, sure."

CHAPTER END
if you're confused by the plot, comment any questions you have and i'll answer what I can, asap!

votes, comments, and follows always mean so much to me, and are very appreciated!

thank you for reading!

edited 07.04.19