4 | kim taehyung

I shifted uncomfortably in my spot on the couch, after jungkook and I had hauled her small body to her bed.

normally we tease one another pretty easily and fill the silence around the studio, but we've never been in a situation where we had to sit together and actually... talk. personally, I found it unbelievable how after 4 years we never had to properly talk.

"so..." he started. I optimistically looked at him hoping he could break the awkward tension. "you were sent out to buy dinner, I assume, so do you want to order pizza?"

this let's-buy-pizza jungkook was creeping me out too, but I guess it's better than pain-in-the-ass jungkook.

"yeah, i'll get my laptop." i said. i decided to be nice as long as he is for the time being. for all i know, he might be an asshole tomorrow so i'll savor this time.

"you order pizza online?" he asked. "you know, most people do it over the phone."

"yeah. but it's more fun to customize the picture." i grinned childishly. he immediately looked away when i smiled and mumbled about going to the bathroom— and to put pepperoni on the pizza.

does he even know where the bathroom is?

i shrugged it off when i saw him go in the right direction.

maybe it was the talk about food? there are a lot of famous people who feel uncomfortable with the topic of food.

the strict diets that some people have make them afraid to eat, but jungkook and i don't have specific diet control. all they ask is that we regulate ourselves, and they encourage that we eat healthier options.

i played around with the options, as usual, and was ready to order once i remembered that this thing wasn't actually a game.

"hey, i'm back." he walked in. "i just realized it's like 11:30, i think i might have to go back my apartment soon. sorry to cancel on that pizza, but we still have to get to the studio early tomorrow taehyung."

"oh..." i realized hyejin never actually met with jungkook. just saw him and lost her shit. "um... since hyejin wasn't able to meet you, do you think you'd..." i trailed off.

calm down taehyung, you only began to be decent humans to each other 30 minutes ago. you can't just ask him to sleep over so you can surprise your cousin.

"what was that?" he prompted. i looked at him again.

"i uh... do you think i could get you tomorrow so you could properly meet her? she's gonna be pissed if she has to wait a month to meet you. i'll just order this pizza tomorrow, too." i self compromised.

"sure... that should be fine." he said and began walking towards the door.

he was about to go out before he paused.

"hey..." is he going to be the one to say it? "it was nice not... having a bad atmosphere around you... uh... i-i don't know where i'm going with this but i'm... goingtotrytobelessofanassholetoyoufornowon—" he bowed and speed walked away.

"wha..." i didn't hear that last part but i think i know what he was trying to say. i honestly felt relieved to not have the usual banter of insults for once.

i walked back to my laptop and shut it closed.

guess i'll just have to wait for whatever tomorrow brings

CHAPTER END
+ thank you ALL so much for getting this to 500 reads, 100 votes, and me to 100 followers all at once 😭😭 i only made this account a month ago and all of you beautiful supportive people have really improved my mood! for the last months of 2017 i was constantly sad because i had no friends at my new school, but you've all really brightened my life this month oof *is overdramatic* *well i'll be overdramatic because i love you all so much* *is very impacted* *loves you all*