46 | kim taehyung

(LOTS OF AUTHORS NOTES FOR THIS CHAPTER)

kthvfr gave extras it's 1000th vote !!

we just hit 6k !! i'm honestly quaking in my converse like—

thank you all very much for getting us this far i'm so grateful for all of you that keep up with this book, and even those of you just passing by~~ 💛

-=-=-=-

ever since we suddenly found out that the 'J' who's been haunting jungkook's dreams and thoughts was none other than our hyung kim namjoon, jungkook's been a wreck.

yes, i managed to stop what seemed to be his panic attack, but he was still somewhat mortified and confused.

when we got home i was expecting him to rant, or freak out again, or get angry—

but he just stayed silent.

he ate dinner with me and prepared to go to bed soullessly, in deep thought. i knew it would be best to let him sort his mind out for now, and that's what i did.

his state of being deep in thought apparently did not include any avoidance of me like in the books which i'm grateful for.

we went to bed and i was the big spoon for tonight. i kept him tight and snug in my arms, almost to protect him. i already knew that he liked to feel safe when he was down like the rest of us. i rest my chin on his fluffy hair and let the night air sink into our minds and heart.

"good night, bunny." i said trying to lift his spirit at least a bit.

"good night, boyfriend." he said muffled by the pillow. it's like i fell in love all over again when he managed to call me that despite his conflict.

i left a kiss on top of his head and slowly we eventually succumbed to the sleep heavy on our eyelids.

it was some time deep in the night however...

my eyes shot opened when i finally connected the dots.

namjoon is in love with... me?

i was able to keep myself still for the sake of the sleeping bunny in my arms, but my mind was in havoc.

for the rest of the night, i tried to recall every encounter with namjoon i've had and immediately thought of the treehouse. it was the only place that would make sense.

'did he really fall for me and my flaws? he knew all of my flaws about me, so how?'

guilt sunk deeper and deeper into my heart knowing i didn't feel the same, nor did i feel like i would fall for him later.

those nights in the treehouse? i saw him as more of a peaceful refuge, a wise hyung i could look up to.

worry for the future washed over me.

even though i kept still, jungkook stirred awake which was surprising knowing that he usually slept like a rock.

"tae? why is your heart beating so fast?" he said in his scratchy voice that would normally be hot if i wasn't scared at the moment.

my mind went back to the day we promised to avoid keeping things to ourselves, so i did what i believed was right.

"um... i realized that since namjoon is J..." i watched his reaction and he didn't seem to react so i continued. "i realized that namjoon was in love with me."

jungkook shifted a bit at this and i carefully listened for his response to this.

"well... i trust you tae. i have faith in us." he said calmly in contrast to his breakdown earlier. "hyung seemed to regret what he's done so let's just wait for him to explain."

relief and pride swelled in my heart as i shifted my hug a bit.

"thank you for trusting me, bunny." i nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"yeah, well you're my boyfriend after all." he replied softly.

we giggled like kids at the nickname, and for a while everything was right with the world.

we were about to fall asleep, but jungkook added one last thing.

"hey, taehyung?"

"yeah?" i asked drowsily.

"i love you." he said.

i froze at this as i was filled with every emotion imaginable. i don't get told 'i love you' very often, but hearing it for the first time from jungkook made my love somehow double, triple, and quadruple.

"i love you too, my bunny."

at last, we let the calm of the night overcome us completely as we fell asleep together.

letting the metronome of our heartbeats, lull us to a peaceful sleep.

CHAPTER END

are you soft yet because i sure as hell am

extra challenge: since there have been issues with official sources leave out one or two of the OT7, if we can eat extras to 7k by the end of the week i'll do a face reveal 😶😶

good luck and get ready to be blinded if you succeed!

future A/N: oh my god they did it