7 | jeon jungkook

i walked out the door and let taehyung handle their reaction. i already knew how they would react— they've been wanting taehyung and i to get along for a... long time.

i do wish i could see their face, though.

the fact that we came together on our own is definitely a shock to us all.

i went to the mini fridge and grabbed a tray for all the water bottles plus a coke for taehyung.

a wave of slight nervousness and excitement came over me when i realized i would probably have to talk to taehyung, though.

maybe this really will work out!

i smiled to myself and let my optimistic side overtake the nervous side.

knowing i would have to come back eventually, i returned and quietly opened the door; i heard taehyung's seemingly annoyed voice.

"i'm gonna suddenly reveal to jungkook that i'm pretending to be nice him just to mess with him; tell him it's all some practical joke." he said with a careless tone.

what?

i could feel my heart hurting but my brain just couldn't piece together what i'd just heard.

is this true?

i leaned in to hear more but my tray came unbalanced when i leaned and everything came crashing down.

shitshitshit—

i hurriedly backed up and closed the door on instinct creating an unpleasantly harsh slam.

well, i guess i'm not going back in there.

my head spun in confusion, but i blocked out my thoughts knowing i wasn't in the right spot to sort out emotions. seeing that i didn't have much of an option, i bowed to the production crew to excuse myself.

"good work today, i'll be leaving now." i said calmly, and then left to get in my car.

i started the car and left knowing i would have to make an excuse as to why i practically dropped the tray in the room and left without a goodbye.

but for now, i'll let myself think about what just happened.

why am i always doing stupid things to ruin myself?

all i could think about was the fact that taehyung was only being nice as a joke.

although i scoffed at his antics, i couldn't stop the tear from rolling down. my heart threatened to burst in my chest; not in the good way.

i was such an idiot to believe he would suddenly be friendly with me out of nowhere. to believe that i actually had a chance with him. to have hope that he might actually reciprocate my feelings. to believe i had a chance.

he only wants to use me as a surprise for his cousin.

i established a long, long time ago that i would never get him. i accepted that he would always be right in front of me, yet just beyond my reach.

i was stupid enough to keep up with this hopeless love for the last 4 years.

"you should've known, you idiot." i muttered and scrunched my eyebrows. i finally pulled into the parking space.

i didn't get out of the car for awhile. just sat down and thought about what i would do.

ironically enough, going back to how we used to be was the last thing i wanted to do.

but what exactly could i do?

just then, my phone buzzed in the cup holder.

-=-=-=-

kim taehyung
i know we're not the best of friends

but the guys all voted that i should be the one to check up on you

the staff said you went home

i'll be there in 10

-=-=-=-

my eyes widened at the messages on the screen.

does he know that i found out about his plan? is he coming to make fun of me for running away?

oh god, please no.

i got out of my car and quickly made my way back to my apartment.

i was so damn lucky i didn't make a mess this morning. my apartment was currently spotless. i sat on the couch and thought about what to do.

how do i act?

do i act like i never knew?

oh... i know what to do now.

i dialed namjoon's number and cleared my voice. namjoon and i always rant to each other because we happened to be the biggest drama binge-watchers in our group.

"hey ju—"

"LISTEN UP HOE, IT'S DRAMA TIME." i interrupted attempting to replicate my usual ranting voice.

"oh shit, tell me about it." he replied with sudden interest.

"OKAY THESE TWO ENEMIES, RIGHT. THE MAIN GUY IS LIKE TOTALLY GAY FOR THE OTHER ONE, AND THEY BECOME FRIENDS. BUT THEN HE HEARS THAT THE OTHER ONE IS ONLY BEING FRIENDLY TO MESS WITH HIM. THEN THE FUCKING PRODUCTION LEFT ME ON A CLIFFHANGER." i said dramatically. hopefully he couldn't pick up the slight knot in my voice.

"oh god, jungkook." he sighed. "don't tell me you disappeared on us for that new episode?"

i paused at this. did i just get myself out of finding an excuse?

"y-yeah, sorry hyung." i said with fake guilt. being an actor really helps with these situations.

"well..." stopped and seemed to actually believe me. "your main character is probably gonna end up... going along with it for awhile. he'll probably end up either in a misunderstanding or leaving the guy before it's revealed." he said in his usual theoretic tone.

"yeah... i thought so too." i lied. "what do you think that guy should do though?" i asked hoping for a good answer.

"i think it would be best for him to go along with it and beat him to the punch." he concluded. "i get that the guy loves him, but that's what i'd suggest either way."

"i see." his words had more of an impact on me than he probably knew of. "cool, thanks joonie!" i said falsely cheerful.

"hey, what was the name of that show anyways?"

i heard a knock on my door that saved me from creating more excuses.

"ah, sorry! someone's knocking on the door so i gotta go now! bye!" i hung up.

knock knock

i heard it again.

"jungkook?" i heard someone call.

wait, shit, that's taehyung.

i breathed out heavily and smoothed my shirt, then i opened the door.

let's play, taehyung.

CHAPTER END
WHOOPS HERE'S MORE PLOT BYE