side story #3

the hall was silenced and kim taehyung stood behind the grand chocolate double doors, he thought about thing things that led up to this moment.

he never thought that the boy he once judged so quickly, the boy he declared rivalry to, who in the past had a dirty look every time they made eye contact; he never thought that jeon jungkook of all people would be the one to change his life completely for the better.

he never would've thought that all those scenes, lines, and actions they performed together would come to reality someday.

the instrumentalists broke the silence with the beginning of the couple's famous ost song, 'Spring Day'.

people in the hall stood staring at the doors; some had teary eyes, some smiling proudly, and some had nothing but anticipation in their stance.

however, none of them compared to the dynamic seen in the man at the altar. he had the largest grin, the brightest face— they instantly knew just how much of an impact his soon-to-be had on him.

at some point, the song had a drawn out note and the doors opened wide.

out stepped kim taehyung with the ever-so glamorous kim saejin at his side.

jungkook couldn't hold back the small gasp when he saw his kim taehyung.

clad in a princely white suit, he made his way down the aisle. the two lovers never once broke eye contact as the dramatic crescendoing melody did nothing to settle the atmosphere.

taehyung's facial expression appeared no less calm than his partner at the end of the aisle.

jungkook's own regal black suit had that effect on taehyung.

the two continued to stare at the other in awe, while granny saejin's bittersweet smile conveyed the emotions of all that watched.

once the pair finally reached the end, jungkook stepped towards them and took taehyung's hand.

'oh dear... never in my life did I ever think i'd have to walk my little tae down the aisle.' granny saejin said to herself with a chuckle.

taehyung gave her a kiss on the cheek, and slipped his hand into jungkook's.

"thank you. for everything, halmeoni."

something in those words made her heart clench and constrict.

(no, it wasn't a heart attack.)

saejin looked up into the eyes of the one who would take her place as taehyung's safe place. the one he can talk to when he feels sad, ecstatic, or confused— and everything in between.

tears prickled at her eyes unmercifully, which shocked her since she hadn't shed tears in such a long time.

throughout the 8 month engagement period, she'd always make jokes about jungkook taking away 'her' taehyung.

jungkook flashed a small grin, assuring her that he would take care of the still innocent boy in her place properly.

he'd expected her to tell him, 'take care of him' or 'you better do your best', but she had something else in mind.

"...i'm glad it was you, jungkook." she said patting him on the shoulder gently and turning to walk to her seat not missing the flash of surprise on his face.

a wave of emotions passed through jungkook's heart from the verbally implied approval, and he grinned before walking arm in arm with his soon to be husband.

neither one of them could keep track of the time that passed— their heads filled with the future, and each other.

it was as though the audience and everyone else around them disappeared. the conversation in their eyes didn't need to be put to words; and everyone could still understand what they were saying.

'right in front of me, this person is my everything.'

the violins slowly hushed their dramatic concerto and the ceremony began seamlessly, with two cheeky, anxious, but ready lovers now at the altar.

"i do."

SIDE STORY END
if you have any side story requests please drop them here!! there is no time limit so even if you're thinking "i'm super late she might not do it" comment anyways :) i probably will

answers to q&a next!!