38 | jeon jungkook

dam this story's getting long it was supposed to be like 7 short chapters/a warm-up book i'm—

i wonder how many readers are only reading and commenting out of obligation now ;-;

me, from the future: thank you all for dealing with my overly insecure ass 💛
-=-=-=-

"action!" the director called.

it's like my entire world shifted and suddenly the cameras and staff disappeared, and i really was just some young new idol walking into our house for the first time.

"where is everyone?" i said to myself wandering tentatively. "hello?"

"ah, are you the seventh member?" said taehyung with flawless acting.

he's definitely gonna be a hard one to beat.

but not impossible.

"yup, you must be a member?" i replied still looking around and slowly walking, taking in my surroundings as though i'd never seen them before.

"yeah, i'm kim taehyung, but my stage name is V." he said making a 'V' with his fingers.

i gave him a confused look, in clear reference to the name of 'V'.

"for victory!" he said putting it under his eye.

"okay... taehyung." i smiled politely. i sat on a nearby kitchen stool, and he followed. "i'm jeon jungkook. most people just call me that."

"nice to meet you jungkookie!" he smiled brightly. i purposely acted caught off guard at that smile, and nodded. we stared at one another for a few seconds when another 'member' came in.

as the several-hour long filming day came to a close, all the boys had different scenes that basically introduced them except jimin, who was supposed to appear later as the last member.

-=-=-=-

two days had passed, and the director showed no sign of preference for neither me nor taehyung. he hasn't even acknowledged the contest since that day.

i'm worried that he's either doing it to be fair, or if he's forgotten.

anxious about my lack of knowledge, i could tell it was worrying taehyung as well.

"has he forgotten about the contest?" i hardly heard taehyung mumble.

"i hope not." i said turning to him.

he looked a bit startled at the fact that i replied, but soon followed up with a snarky remark.

"i wasn't talking to you, jungkook."

i felt slightly hurt, honestly. however he did say we were rivals now. i didn't reply.

"taekook, your scene's coming up." the director waved us over while looking at something in his clipboard.

taehyung and i made eye contact and nodded as a silent form of rivalry etiquette.

but when we turned to walk to the set, the smirk wiped off my face and was replaced with a look of sadness.

our scene ended.

"yeah, i think jungkook needs to work on his facial expressions." i heard taehyung say rather loudly somewhere behind me.

"who asked, kim taehyung?" i asked annoyed, turning around.

"uh... i did." said namjoon. they two were standing face to face seeming to have been in a conversation. "i was just asking what he thinks of the group so far."

"o-oh..." i stuttered extremely embarrassed.

"yah, why are you always so rude to me kookie?" taehyung pouted fakely.

i scoffed, spinning on my heel.

i left for three reasons. one, to get out of the awkward situation asap. two, to hide my probably flushed face. three, because it's kdrama time and i want to go home.

i patted my cheeks as i left the studio and entered the parking lot.

i grew closer to namjoon recently because of our fondness of kdramas. when he accidentally made a reference to a show and i was the only one that laughed, we both knew we were fated to be friends forever.

plopping down onto my bed face first, i groaned at the fact that i had a rival to worry about. he was so kind and shy when i first encountered him, why did it have to be like this?

i got on my laptop only paying half of my attention to the show. the other half was swarmed with worries of taehyung.

a fire.

it changed everything.

CHAPTER END

bultaoreune

sorry that the chapters have been boring lately :(

next chapter is n o t gonna be boring that's for sure

i'm suddenly inspired AT THE WORST TIME because i have to use my free time for the next three days to hardcore practice piano oh no

ALSO the bts world tour teaser is out and SKKSKSKSKAKSKKSKSK