9 | jeon jungkook

we hit 1k reads on 03/05/18 and i love you all so much! i really mean that. your support truly does mean a whole lot to me~

-=-=-=-
we sat in the car on our way to the theater, and i had to hold back my urge to rap the lyrics to Cypher Pt. 4.

i'd decided to take namjoon's advice and act as i normally could. however, i knew my heart had hope he would change his mind. it even had hope there could be something between us.

but i knew my heart. it has quite the wild imagination. i knew those things wouldn't happen.

most likely to distract myself from thoughts, i spoke.

"hey taehyung, i liked your ringtone by the way." i blurted out.

why would i say that? what if he finds out that i'm a secret singer online?

"oh, yeah?" he replied unfazed. "it's by this hidden singer online. i'm a big fan of his but i don't know a thing about him. he's really private, but he's still like my idol. i really love how he puts emotion into his singing." i was happy hear this for two reasons. if my co-star of four years couldn't recognize my singing voice, then i strongly doubt any other people would. "do you want to hear some of his other songs?" he asked.

"huh? oh, sure." i replied. i felt that it would be rude for me to decline.

"just hit the play button. i got one of his rare released cd's." he said proudly. i was shocked at this news. as far as i knew, there were only about 10 original cd's released. i was internally celebrating that he was such a fan. too bad he was breaking the heart of his idol.

i heard my cover of 'we don't talk anymore' play in the car, and felt insecure about it even though he had no clue it was me.

we reached the theater after having listened to half of the cd and i saw the only person who knew of my singing passion.

"ah, you two!" jimin ran up to our parked car. my songs were still playing. "whoa! i didn't know that you two got close enough for jungkook to show you his songs! that really touches my heart—"

"y-yah!" i said but it was too late.

"jungkook? wait.. you're the mystery singer? ...you're JK?" taehyung looked surprised, but sure of his new realization. he finally connected the dots.

i sighed at jimin who was silent. i turned to taehyung.

"yeah, it's me. but you can never, ever tell anyone. jimin was the only one who knew." i said annoyed at jimin.

"i'm sorry kookie!" he said finally. "i've never heard your songs on the radio before so i assumed you showed him..." he looked down.

"it's fine, it's fine jimin." i reassured him.

it is not fine. when this fake friendship ends would he really expose my identity? i kept my identity a secret so that people would like my music for my voice, not my fame. hopefully, my beloved hobby stays a secret.

jimin smiled at me apologetically.

i hated how i couldn't tell anyone about taehyung's prank. as much as i resented his little game and wanted to reveal that i knew, i still love him despite it all. i don't want him to possibly lose his friends. i just want him to be happy whether it included me or not.

"aaah— i cant believe i just met my idol i... i'll keep your secret i promise, but i'm— wait but we didn't really just meet? I CAN'T BELIEVE MY IDOL WAS MY RIVAL FOR FOUR—" he coughed and mostly composed himself. "let's go see that movie, then?" he started walking and pretended like he wasn't practically having a stroke a couple seconds ago.

jimin and i silently laughed at his reaction, but dismissed the topic nevertheless, walking to catch up with him.

without much intervene, we were able to buy the snacks and tickets to the action movie.

settled in our seat, i was relieved that jimin had a talkative personality. he filled the atmosphere comfortably even if we got hushes every now and then.

"oH SHIT!" screamed jimin at every remotely startling scene

"shhhhhhhh!"

my heart would clench every time i saw taehyung cover his mouth and giggle at jimin, or when he would lightly gasp at something in the movie, or even just smile at something.

but it started to hurt when i thought that i wouldn't get to see much of that when this joke is over.

i stopped paying attention to the movie and thought about it.

all i have to do is enjoy my time of being friends with him. when the time comes, i'll know what to do.

liar, you're still in denial.

i internally rolled my eyes at myself but knew it was true. a part of me still believes we can be friends or more. a part of me believes that it's not a prank.

but what do i do when he reveals the prank? do i tell him i knew all along? but then he would ask why i stuck around... do i tell him i was playing the prank on him before he gets to me?

before i knew it, the movie ended and i was still in a daze of 'what if's and 'why's.

"jungkook..." i subconsciously heard jimin say. "jungkook? ... jungkook!" he flicked my ear and i shot up.

"sorry! i was lost in thought for a bit." i apologized.

"did you even pay attention to the movie?" taehyung asked sassily.

"of course i did! i just missed the ending!" i really did watch the movie, i only missed the last couple of scenes.

"good! but as a lesson... i'm not gonna tell you what happened."  he smirked triumphantly and walked away with jimin who was laughing lightly.

"what? no! i need to know how they unfroze anna!" i called after them and caught up.

"nope, your loss!" jimin winked at me and stuck his tongue out. i huffed and the three of us walked towards the mall's food court in a silent unanimous agreement.

taehyung leaned towards me and whispered

"elsa hugs her as the act of true love." he winks and continues to walk like he never said anything.

i smiled softly and whispered back a quiet "thanks" and we continued to walk. jimin didn't seem to notice the exchange.

or at least that's how it seemed. the fact that our entire friend group consists of professional actors can be quite problematic at times...

in this casual fashion, the three of us ate lunch. i talked to taehyung more now, even to the point where i forgot for the rest of the day that it was all fake, even to the point where neither of us noticed for a while that jimin disappeared.

"ah, taehyung! jimin's gone!"

"are you sure he isn't just short?"

"i already checked under the table!"

i checked on my phone and read a text.

Jimin - 17 minutes ago
yah! you two made me a third wheel! i left to see if either of you would notice and you didn't! ( T^T) you're lucky i'm in a good mood since you two are friends now, but next time i won't be so nice! i'm with yoongi now btw!
-=-=-=-

"oh..." i looked up.

"what is it?" he said comfortably. i slid my phone over and he laughed shaking his head. "that's definitely something jimin would do. i bet he's out shopping or something, he'll be fine." he shrugged it off and we went to toss our trash.

"so..." i looked at the ground. i felt that neither of us wanted this day to end.

"let's go to the arcade?" he suggested.

grinning, i nodded my head and we continued our little mall adventure together.

CHAPTER END

so do you guys like chapters like this better or plot heavy? i value your opinions for improving my writing so please give me feedback if you can!

thank you for reading ;)