Chapter 33

"I'm glad you still remember me." Mrs. Maki said.

"Who wouldn't? You're the exact replica of her." I slowly put my gun down.

JY: you know her, Rei?

I nodded. "She's... She's the mother of Shin. Mrs. Maki Nishikino."

The girls were shocked except for Mina. She just kept calm.

"Hello girls. Don't be scared. I won't do anything. I'm actually on your side." Mrs. Maki said and smiled at them.

The girls awkwardly bowed to her and she did the same.

TY: what is this place anyway?

Mrs. Maki: you're in the Bloodlust research laboratory. We study different kinds of diseases and we create a possible cure for each disease. We also---

"You said you knew I'd come back sooner or later. What do you mean?"

Mrs. Maki looked at me and turned her back and started walking. "If you wanna know, follow me."

I quietly followed behind her with the girls.

We soon stopped in front of a room and she turned to us and looked at me.

As soon as she opened the door and walked in, we followed her and my eyes widened when I saw the room.

This is the exact same room from those dreams. What the hell...

"I'm sure you remember this room, Reiki."

MN: Rei... what is she talking about?

"It's almost 3 years ago when I started to have the same dream over and over. I saw myself being tied up to this bed. Two ladies in lab coats. And the other one injected me with a BLDLST13 serum and I started to lose consciousness. I couldn't see their faces clearly but the smile from one of them was really visible. That woman was you, wasn't it?"

"So the serum really did work. It didn't only helped you recover fast from the injury but the serum will tend to give you fragments of how the serum was injected to you." She smiled again before continuing her sentence. "How was the left arm working?"

"You're the one who gave me this arm too?" I lifted an eyebrow looking at her.

"2 nights after you and Shin broke up, you were involved in a tragic car accident. You were dying. My men found you and brought you here. We managed to save you but lost your left arm. You were sleeping for 3 months. In a coma. During those 3 months, I managed to create a robotic arm that would act accordingly just like your original left arm. And the arm works depending on your emotions. Come with me. Your arm needs to be repaired." She walked out the room and we just quietly followed.

I felt a pair of warm hands on my right hand and I turned to see Mina looking at me worriedly. I gave her a reassuring smile and kissed her hand to make sure I'm alright. She managed to let out a weak smile until we reached another room.

"You girls wait here with Saeko." I told them and smiled at them and they just nodded in response. I kissed Mina's forehead before letting go of her hand as I walk inside the room.

-------

Evening came and we were told by Mrs. Maki to stay here for the meantime since the house is ruined. It's impossible to go back to the girls' dorm either.

I saw Mina on the balcony looking out to the view so I quietly walked up behind her and snaked my arms around her waist.

MN: what the... geez Rei, you scared me.

"You're lost in thoughts. Are you okay?"

MN: I... I don't know.

I made her face me and I suddenly held her cheek with my one hand.

"Tell me what's wrong."

MN: today's happenings were just so... unexpected. We all thought this would be a normal day. And... we also thought the threats were over.

"I'd be lying if I say I wasn't surprised at all. I actually was surprised as hell too. Especially about this arm." I chuckled bitterly and Mina touched my left arm.

MN: it's pretty amazing though.

"Ehh? How can you say that? Pfft. Weirdo."

MN: I just find it amazing. It's quite unique.

"Yeah pretty much."

MN: robotic arm or not, I still love you and that'll never change. *snakes her arms around my neck, smiling warmly*

"I love you too." I smiled and leaned close to kiss her. I felt her kissing back which brought smile to my face.

As soon as we broke the kiss, she leaned her head on my chest and we both looked at the view.

"I promise I'll find the man behind this mess and make him regret everything. You girls will finally be able to live normally again." I said as I leaned my cheek on her hair.

MN: not just our lives Rei but your lives too. You, Saeko-san and Jayson-san.

"Yeah."

Jeongyeon

"Man those two are being lovey dovey at the balcony again." Nayeon whined.

"You're just jealous Reiki fell inlove with Mina and not you. Haha!" I snorted but soon yelled in pain when Nayeon pinched my side.

JH: aren't we all? I mean we all like the same guy after all. Hell, probably even some of us aside from Minari are actually inlove with him but are scared to admit it since we already knew who he loves.

That's actually true. Nayeon, Jihyo, Sana and Tzuyu are actually inlove with him.

SN: wouldn't deny it. I was inlove with him. But seeing him happily smiling with Mina, I actually realized the only one who can make him smile again is none other than Mina.

TY: I agree. Although it's normal for us to be jealous since we all have feelings for him.

We were wondering why Dubu and Chaengie are quiet, only to find them fast asleep already.

MM: aigoo.. the two old maknaes are already fast asleep.

NY: couldn't blame them. This was one hell of a day for all of us. *yawns*

JH: we should get some sleep too.

"I agree." I said and laid down.

The MinRei couple sion walked in and laid down on another bed opposite to us and said good night to us. The rest did the same too and soon drifted off to sleep.

To be continued...

I think this is the first time Jeongyeon had her POV in this story too 😂😂 annyeong haseyo, chingus! Sorry for the late, lame and short update. Actually couldn't think of a good plot 😢😢 who's the man behind the mask? Soon to be revealed. Stay tuned to find out! Peace~

Vote! Comment! Share!

-Ash