Chapter 41

I woke up with a massive headache. I slowly opened my eyes as I slowly take in the surroundings and let my eyes adjust.

"You're awake."

I looked to where the voice came from and saw Dr. Nishikino whose gaze is on a clipboard she's holding.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the underground facility of the building. I had this built 3 years ago cause I figured out it might come in handy someday. And turns out it really did." She glanced towards my direction as I slowly get up.

I tried to remember what happened before I passed out and my eyes widened at the memory.

"The girls!! Where are they!?" I frantically got off the bed, pulling all the wires that was connected to my body.

"Reiki calm down!! Panicking won't bring the girls back!" She called for her other assistants as they try to restrain me.

"W-what?" I felt my eyes brimming with tears as soon as I heard the words won't bring them back.

"They're alive. But the enemies took them."

I felt a short relief knowing that the girls are alive. But the rage and worry is still with me knowing that I failed to protect them.

"Don't blame yourself Reiki. You weren't expecting that last ambush."

"How long was I out?" I asked, ignoring what she said.

"3 days. I see you've made modifications on your metal arm." She pointed to my metal arm as my gaze went down to it. Noticing that I had no bruises on my body, I looked up at Dr. Mako as she gave me a small smile.

"Seems like the modifications you've made on your arm took an effect to your regenerative cells, which made your injuries heal faster than they originally should. Scientifically speaking, you've become immortal. And my serum that you reproduced helped it." I looked up at her with a shocked expression.

"H-how..."

"Chaeyoung told me the day before the ambush. We took some of your blood and examined it. Turns out she was telling the truth. The remains of the serum that you took too much was found in your blood veins. And we tried to reproduce it while you're unconscious to transfuse it to the others."

"Wait. Speaking of. How are they?"

"Follow me." She walked out of the door as I follow behind her. We came to a stop at a huge door. She looked at me.

"What?"

"Try putting your metal arm on the scanner." I followed what she did and the door opened, leaving a shocked impression on my face.

"Moving on." She walked in as I follow behind again.

"There they are." She nodded to the direction of a window. I walked straight towards it and saw Saeko, Kai, Sehun, Suho and Jimin on a bed next to each other while a bag of what seemed to be a serum drip connected to their arm. They're awake but the scientists around them are keeping an eye on them. I let out probably the biggest sigh of relief I did this day knowing that they're fine.

"That drip connected to their arms were the reproduced serum of your blood. So technically, your blood is in their veins." She let out a chuckle as I just stare at her.

Later that afternoon

I went inside to see how the rest are doing.