Chapter 39

I'm currently at the building's rooftop. Looking down on the busy road. I was actually about to leave a while ago after Nayeon tended my injury but while I was making my way to the door to leave, Saeko was like: Where the hell do you think you're going? And just when I was about to answer that I was done apologizing and that I'm going to leave, she said I'm not going anywhere.

I was confused at first but then maknae line told me that they all came to a decision to let me stay cause it's for the 'best'. For me, it isn't. Not that I don't wanna be around them anymore. Of course I wanna be around them especially her. But the more they get close to me, the more they are prone to danger. After a little childish argument with them, I sighed in defeat and just agreed.

Jihyo, Saeko and Mina are still ignoring me. I don't blame them. It's all my fault it ended up like this anyways.

I sighed.

"That's a loud sigh. You lost a bet or something?"

I heard a familiar voice and turned to where it came from.

"J-Jihyo..." How did she even know I was here?

"The maknaes told me they saw you coming here so... Yeah."

"Ah."

Jihyo stood next to me with a good distance between us. Silence filled the area and all that can be heard was the busy street below.

"Once this is all over, you won't have to live with fear in your hearts again. I never meant to drag you into this mess. At first I thought it was just a simple hunt down for the people sending death threats to you but sooner I realized it was more than that." I said and broke the silence and all Jihyo did was hum in response.

"As for Mina... Well she doesn't have to deal with me anymore. As much as it kills me to give up on what we had just like that, I have to let her go. It's the best way to keep her safe. And all of you of course. You can all forget that you even met a cold-hearted jerk named Reiki Tachibana." I chuckled bitterly as I remembered how Jeongyeon called me a cold-hearted jerk the first time I met them.

"Yeah, you're right. And besides... Mina deserves someone better. Someone better than you. I'm not saying this because I hate you. I'm simply saying this because I don't wanna see any of my members sad or crying."

"Mhmm."

--------

Evening came and I'm at the kitchen making dinner for the girls while they're watching tv in the living room. I cooked all their favorite foods especially jokbal which is Momo's favorite food.

After I was done, I told them to go eat.

"Where's Mina?" I asked.

"Your shared room, hyung." Tzuyu said and I nod.

"I'll call her." I said and went to the room we USED to share. I saw her wearing an oversized shirt which is obviously mine and she's on her phone, smiling while talking to someone. She seemed to have noticed me.

"Yeah. I'll call you back later... Yeah, sure. Soon... Haha whatever dork... Yeah, bye. Jaljayo. Nado saranghae, dork." She ended the call and looked at me. "What do you want?" She asked in a cold way.

"Jagi— I mean... Mina-ssi, dinner is ready. Everyone is waiting for you to come out."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes as she got off the bed. Damn this girl never failed to make my heart flutter.