Chapter 40

Everyone has been giving me worried looks these past few weeks and I know why.

Let me tell you why... Mina and I are back together now, right? Wrong. We never went back together. Confused?

Let me explain... Ever since I started living with the girls again, their treatment towards me has never been the same. And when I said 'their', I mean the girls except for Chaeyoung, Nayeon and Tzuyu. Saeko's treatment towards me has been different too. It started to get to me. Restless nights, nightmares and such. Sleeping pills can't even help me go to sleep without experiencing nightmares. So I asked Doc Maki what to do. She tried giving me a bit higher dosage of the pills but it still didn't work. I am desperate. She gave me an injection. She said that the injection contains a serum that can make me sleep right away but it will give me a bit of hallucinations. She mentioned about something that the serum can also make my thoughts into a bit of virtual reality. As much as it sounded dangerous, I took it and gave it a try.

It worked and it's just like what she said. The only effect that I never knew and she never even said was that it can be addicting. I took a sample of the serum and started to figure out how it was made. I managed to figure it out after 3 days and started to create my own version of the serum.

When I sensed that it has been completed, I started inducing myself with it. I started using it irregularly. I had hallucinations that Mina and I are back together. Hallucinations that everyone and everything is back to normal but the moment I wake up, I know damn well that it isn't.

"Hyung... You're overdosing yourself with that serum." I heard Chaeyoung say.

Yes. She knows I use this serum and tried to stop me a couple of times but I didn't listen.

"Nah. Doesn't really matter now, does it?" I let out a bitter chuckle as I look at the serum in its safe box.

Saeko suddenly walked into the room, getting Chae's and my attention.

"JYP is in the living room. He wants to talk to us about something."

I stood up and so did Chae.

We headed off to the living room where the girls are already in with JYP sitting on a monobloc with his fingers intertwined.

"Reiki."

"Mr. Park."

Silence took over for a few good minutes until JYP spoke up.

"So I think it's time you girls meet some of the other agents that are secretly watching over you." His statement got me a brow arched up.

"Wait what? Other agents?" I said.

"Yes. Come on in guys."

The door slowly opened revealing...

"KAI?! SEHUN?! SUHO?! AND WAIT... YOU?!"

"What's up, City Hunter." The short stack greeted.

"Okay with all due respect, WHY IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS JIMIN HERE? I get it if Kai, Sehun and Suho are here but why is this short stack here?" I looked at Mr. Park who is just looking at me.

"I told you... 'agents'. And Jimin is one of them. Surely you already know Felix is also an agent working for Doctor Nishikino."

"Yes, I know that. We've met."

"Hi Mina." Jimin smiled as he looked at Mina.

Mina shot a glance at me before turning to Jimin with a sweet smile. "Hi Jimin. Long time no see."

"Yeah it's been long. The last time we saw each other was that award show but unfortunately your blue haired friend interrupted me." Jimin sighed, making Mina chuckle.