Chapter 19

Logan's POV:

HAHAHAHA I JUST STOLE JAKES GIRL AND I MADE SURE HE KNEW ABOUT IT. I was historically laughing and so was Evan. I stopped and let her out to come to the front of the car I wasn't going to let the poor girl in the trunk for the whole ride.

" you're dead Paul " lily said fixing her messy hair.

" I don't think sooooooo " I said back which made her chuckle at me.

" what was that all about anyways ?"

" it's just prank wars going on between Jake and I and I had no other idea to what I should do so I thought I should take something that's the most important to him " I said giving her a toothy smile. She tensed up and looked out the window trying to avoid eye contact.

" uh I'm sorry did I say something wrong "

" no no don't worry about it " she said still trying not to make eye contact I can tell something was wrong and I knew exactly what it was about.

Flashback -

Still Logan's POV:

I was getting out of class when I remembered that I was supposed to meet my girlfriend Emily at my locker. I walked up to my locker and saw my beautiful girlfriend.

" hey baby you ready to go " I asked her as I gave her a peck on the lips. school was already over and it was already half empty. We always had cute little dates to go to after school and so it was just another one of those days. We walked outside hand in hand. As we were walking I heard something that sounded like faint screams and cries.

" uh babe here take my keys and get in my car I'll be right back I think I forgot something in my locker " I said to Emily as she grabbed the keys and walked over to the parking lot. I made sure she got in safely before leaving.

I made my way to where the noises sounded like it was coming from and what I saw gave chills throughout my entire body. Jake was gripping Lily's wrist and had her pushed against the wall, I noticed her lip was busted and there was a small bruise already forming under her eye. I made sure no one saw me. I rushed back to my car. I know I am stupid for not doing anything at that moment, I was just shocked and didn't know what to do. Poor girl I felt bad for her. Everyone always made fun of her and I didn't think Jake really loved her. I wish I could have done something but I just didn't want to get involved. Ever since that day I've been seeing a lot of similar things between the two of them. It was already becoming a habit walking out of school and witnessing that. She's a smart girl she will later realize that Jake is no good for her and she will soon leave him. I hope.

End of flashback -

Lily's POV :

The whole care ride was silent and it was awkward after what Logan said because there's no way he doesn't remember what his brother would do to me a couple years back. I know he remembers because I saw him looking from the corner of the area one time. I've never said anything because I acted like I never saw. He didn't do anything to help me so it made me think that he didn't care about it and I so I just never brought up that topic. I realized the car stopped and we were parked in the driveway of this huge house. I'm pretty sure it was his.

" is this your house ? " I asked as I got out of the car.

" no I just brought you to a random persons house" Logan said obviously as a joke and I acted like I thought he was serious.

" wait what ? Why would you do that Logan that's so embarrassing " I said running my fingers through my hair playing along.

" wait you actually thought I was serious " he said and burst out laughing.