30: darry

So the darry in this imagine isn't going to be completely true to his normal character. So please don't get mad at me.

I was fast asleep when I heard the smallest knock on the door. "Come in," I called, I knew it was going to be Anna. She was my brothers daughter but I was taking care of her. After my brothers wife had the twins she left. And a few years later my brother died of cancer. The door slowly opened while I checked the clock. It was 3 in the morning. I would never fall back asleep.

"What's the matter sweetie," I asked as Anna walked over to me. "I had a bad dream," her voice was cracking as if she was going to cry. I slid over in bed to make room for her. I patted the spot next to me and Anna climbed up. She quickly fell asleep while I was up the rest of the night. Sometimes I wish she was like her sister niki. Niki slept through the night never had a nightmare. But other times I wish Niki was like Anna, still saw me as her best friend and not as a new mom.

The girls have been living with me since they were 2 and now they are 5 and growing up to fast.

I laid there staring at the roof my eyes burning for sleep. Beep beep beep I quickly slapped my alarm off so it wouldn't wake Anna. She only shifted in bed and never woke up. I got up to get a shower and make breakfast. Once I put the bacon in the oven I went back upstairs to wake the girls. Anna was always so happy when she woke up, but Niki wasn't she would just drag herself around until she ate something. Then there was no stopping the twins they were crazy but I  loved it.

I was plating the pancakes when my door bell rang, I opened it see darry. "Darry what are you doing here," I asked. "I just thought I would stop by see if maybe I could take you out today."

"Oh darry I wish I could but the kids have no place to go and I'm exhausted I didnt sleep at all last night."

"(y/n) is that darry," Niki called. She loved darry to her he could do no wrong.

"Yeah it is honey," both the kids came running over forgetting about breakfast. They only were tall enough to hug his legs. But darry melted when he was around them, sometimes I think he loves them more then me.

"Hello girls," darry said, " how would you like if I took you guys out today just the three of us."

You looked at darry confused, the girls were practically begging you to go. "Alright, but go eat your breakfast first. And dont shove it down. Darry come here." darry came inside and we walked to the living room. "Darry why are you doing this," I asked.

"Because you need to sleep and I love those girls."

"Thanks Darry. but please be careful they're all I've got left of Mike (your brother). You know after Gabby took everything (your brothers wife) ."

" I know I'll be careful with them. I'll just take them to the park and for ice cream."

"Ok," I got on my tippy-toes and kissed his cheek. I got the girls ready and they left.

*Darry*

"Ok my turn. I spy with my little eye something red," I said looking to the fire hydrant as I turned. I heard a loud beep coming from another car. I looked up just in time to see the car that was about to hit us. Smash.  " shit!" I yelled shaking the wheel.

Both the girls were crying they were scared half to death. (y/n) was gonna kill me and the whole front of my truck was ruined. I quickly snapped out of my pity party when Niki spoke up, "darry," she managed to say through crys. I hopped out of my seat and went to the back seats.

"Sir I'm so sorry." I heard a guy say as I went to open the back door. I just put my hand up so he would stop talking and he did. I got Anna out of the car and carried her to the other side, she was squezing my arm so tight. I got Niki out and sat them both on the curb. The kid who hit me was following me as I walked. "Alirghy girls look at me," neither of them looked at me, "girls please I'm sorry," Niki looked up first and then Anna did. "Are you ok does anything hurt at all," they both shook their heads. Thank god.  I ran my hand through my hair, how in the hell was I going to tell (y/n).

"Exsuce me," a lady asked. I turned around to face her. "Would you like me to watch the girls for a bit so you can handle this," she asked. "Could you," I asked pleadingly. She just nodded and I walked her over to the girls. "This is Anna and Niki. Girls this is...."

"Donna," she said.

"This is Donna. She's gonna watch you for bit while I take care of this. I finally got a good look at the situation both our cars were equally damaged and quite the crowd had formed around us.

"Sir if we can talk now," a kid said.

"Are you the dumbass-," I stopped taking a deep breath just calm down I told myself, "yes. Are you ok."

"Yeah. Is everyone over there ok."

I sighed, "yeah I think so." we then talked out the details about what happened. He said his breaks failed. We agreed it would be easier if we just paid to fix our own cars instead of him paying for mine. Yeah I would have to take extra shifts but this kid looks to young to have a real paying job. And by the looks of his car he's a greaser. "Look I gotta go call my girlfriend I'll be back." I went into the closest store and used the pay phone.

"Hello," I said.

"Hi darry what's up," she asked and I took a deep breath, " darry what happened."

"Look I'm really sorry but we got in car accident. I'm so so sorry-" she cut me off.

"Get the girls home now," and she hung up.

I had to call back, "what," she said into the phone.

"My cars not driveable can you pick us up," I asked pinching in between my eyes.

"Fine I'll be there." and she hung up.

---

The car ride was silent until we got back to (y/n)'s.

"Girls go get ready for bed," the girls ran upstairs and she looked at me. There was a fire in her eyes, "I can't believe you," she yelled, "I gave you one rule. BE CAREFUL. Darry I can't lose those girls they are all I have left."

"(y/n) I'm sorry but the crash wasnt my fault, " I said.

"Your fault or not if you were paying attention this wouldn't have happened."

" well maybe if you didn't take those kids in this wouldn't have happened," shit why did I say that.

* your pov*

" well maybe if you didn't take those kids in this wouldn't have happened," darry yelled.

I couldn't believe he said that. He knows all I sacrificed for those kids. I just wanted them to stay with fanily, I finally meet darry's eyes and I could see the sorry in them. But that doesn't change anything, "just get out," I said in a very low voice. He just turned and left.

I emiditly fell to the floor crying, I'm not sure if it was over the crash or darry leaving .

---

It's been a few weeks and the kids were fine they never felt sore or anything so that made me extremely happy. Although Anna has been having more nightmares and Niki is terrfied to sit in a car. Getting them to school has been killing me when one won't open her eyes cause she scared and the other won't open her eyes cause she sleeping.

I was sitting on the couch on Friday night. Normally on Friday me and the girls always go over darry and hang out with the gang but not recently. I haven't seen darry since the day of the accident. Shortly after my thought I heard a knock at my door. I opened it to find darry, his eyes were red with bags under them. His hair was a mess and he looked like shit.

"(y/n) I don't think I can ever forgive myself for what happened the other week. But if you can forgive me that would be amazing. I've missed you like nothing else these past few weeks. I can't eat, I wont sleep, I'm falling off ladders at work. I need you. Please take me back."

I didn't say anything just hugged him as tight as I could. "(y/n) I love you," darry said, this caught me off guard we haven't said our first I love yous until now. "I-i love you too darry."

Hey guys I hope you liked this one. It's pretty intense I know. But I love it. I am taking request and suggest you leave them. I'll be happy to wright just about anything. Anyway thanks for reading God bless.

The outsiders - imagines On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara