84: ponyboy

For malyourpal

Pony's POV

I sat on the couch reading. Struggling to focus because of all the noise from the gang. (Y/n) walked into the house reading a piece of paper. She sat down next to two-bit in the free space on the other couch. "Well hello to you too," two said sarcastically.

"Sorry I'm reading this." She said pointing to it.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The school play is Romeo and Juliet. I've always wanted to be in a play, I might audition." She said.

"When are they?" Two said.

"Tuesday after school." She said smiling at the paper.

"Pony, kitchen." Johnny said standing up.

"Oh uh okay," I said following him. "What's wrong buddy," I said concerned.

"This is your chance." Johnny said.

"Johnny what are you talking about."

"Pony you should audition for Romeo."

"What?"

"Think about it man. You guys would be at rehearsal together and if she gets Juliet. Pony it's going to be perfect."

I thought about it for a second, "ok I'll do it."

We walked back out to the living room and sat down.

----- tuesday after school -----

I walked into the auditorium and saw (y/n) sitting in one of the rows. "Hey (y/n)!" I said sitting down next to her.

She jumped a little, surprised to see me. "Hey pone. What are you doing here?" She asked smiling.

"I wanna be in the play," I said sitting down next to her.

"Attention everyone. Quite down please." The teacher said, everyone's voices went away. "So we're going to go around the room for your auditions. You gonna come back tell us what role you want and we'll give you a part of the script to read. Okay? We'll start in this coroner," he said pointing to one side of the room.

Everyone went and then it was (y/n) turn. "Break a leg." I said.

"Thanks pony."

(Y/n) came back and then I went in.

"Name?" The man said before I even said hello.

"Uh Ponyboy Curtis."

"Role?"

"Romeo."

"Here," he said handing me a sheet of paper.

I read my lines as he read the other person. It seemed to go very well and before I knew it I was done.

-----

"Student listen up," his voice boomed at the next meeting.

He went through all the roles and announsed who got the part, " and for the two main roles. As Juliet we have (y/f/n). And as Romeo we have ponyboy Curtis."

"We did it," (y/n) cheered hugging me.

"We did," I said smiling.

----

Everyday after school (y/n) and I went to play practice. We had a ball, and we we're getting close. I felt like I was ready to tell (y/n) I like her.

So I came up with a full proof plan.

------

Your POV

It was the day of the play and the whole gang was coming. I was nervous, pacing back and forth. "(Y/n) you ok," he said coming up behind me. He put his hands on my shoulders, and rubbed them. I felt a shock go through my entire body. I liked pony but I never told him, I only told Johnny.

"I'm just nervous." I said sighing.

"Your gonna do great," he said, "you were amazing in practice."

"Thanks pony." I said relieved.

-----

We went through the play and everything was going great. Only one kid messed up his lines, but I don't think anyone in the audience noticed.

We we're in the final sene with my and pony. When Juliet it "dead" and Romeo dies.

I laid in the tomb with my eyes shut and hands crossed.

I heard pony say his lines, he leans down to kiss me before drinking the poison.

"I like you (y/n)," he whispered before kissing me.

I was shocked and I wanted to scream and smile and be happy. But I couldn't.

The curtains closed and I opened my eyes. "Pony," I said in a low voice.

"I'm sorry (y/n)," he said turning away from me.

"Don't be ponyboy. I-i like you too, and I have for a while."

"You have?" He turned back around.

"Yeah I have," I said looking down and blushing.

"Well then what are we waiting for." He said as he leaned down and kissed me again. It was long and passionate. It was like no one else in the world mattered. Like no one else could see us.

A/n

Hey guys I hope you liked this one. Very cliche but cute. Don't forget to vote, request are open. Thanks for reading, God bless.