53: sodapop part 1

For liampayne88

I was walking home from school with my best friend pony on my left and my brother Steve to my right. "So Tianna any crushes yet," Steve asked.

"No Steve," pony let out a laugh and I elbowed his side, "why are you so insistent that I find love." I added. The truth is I did have a crush, on soda my brothers best friend, and only pony knew about it. He wasn't even supposed to know. We had a big sleep over and apparently I talk in my sleep, pony promised me no one else was awake.

"Well you know the rules. No one in the gang, especially soda." Steve said.

"Yeah yeah I'll see you later loser." I said. Steve left and went into the dx where he worked. I let my eyes linger 'watching steve' but really I was hoping I would see soda. There he was in all his glory bent over the hood of a car.

"T," pony called.

"Sorry," I said taking my eyes of soda. But I had a gut feeling, I'm not sure what about but it was there. I looked over my shoulder and almost had a heart attack at what I saw. Soda was leaning on the grill of the car. His arms were crossed over his chest and his one hand held a rag covered in grease. His eyes met mine and I smiled. He waved back to me and I turned around with I grin plastered to my face.

"I swear it's so weird watching you and him." Pony said.

"Shut up," I said pushing his shoulder.

"Why don't you just talk to him," pony said.

"Um I do talk to him. I just don't tell him that I like him."

"What ever." Pony said giving up.

We finally made it to the Curtis house and I flopped on to the couch.

"Darry would kill you he of he saw you flop like that," two said.

"No he wouldn't. He likes me the best." I said.

"You keep telling yourself that. I personally think he likes soda the best."

"He's not the only one who likes him best," pony said from the bathroom.

"Pony!" I yelled.

"Wait what's he mean," two asked me.

"Nothing." I said turning over on the couch.

"Come on T you can tell me," he said walking over to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I said it was nothing two," I kind of yelled.

"Someone's moody."

"I'm not moody," I grabbed my stuff and got up, "tell pony I said bye," and I walked out the door.

Two followed close behind, "come on T. We we're just messing with you."

"I'm just not in the mood two-bit." I said still walking.

"Well are you still going to come to the drive in," he yelled from the steps.

I turned around and looked at him, "sure why not." I turned back around and walked home.

----

I walked into the Curtis and waited until we left for the movies. We all chatted until we needed to leave.

When we got there and all took seats. "Who's turn is it to get popcorn." Dally asked

"I think it's Tianna's," pony said.

I stood up and crossed my arms," well then someone come with me. Y'all know I hate going places on my own." I said

"Yeah send someone with her," steve yelled, "I dont want anyone getting away with hitting in my sister."

"I'll go," soda said getting up.

Pony winked and me and gave me a things up from behind his chair. The walk to go get the popcorn was awkward and silent. When we got in line I looked at everyone's faces. That's I thing I do if we're in a big crowd, just in case something goes wrong I could identify the person. As I was looking I noticed this guy a few people in front of us. He was looking me up and down, totally checking me out and not even trying to hide it.

"Soda help me," I whispered.

"What?" He wispered back.

"That guy a few people ahead of us. He's checking me out and he's being so creepy about it."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know."

"Ok umm," he slinked his hand around my waist. I pulled away at first but realized what he was doing. He was acting like my boyfriend. I looked back at the guy and he took one last look before he looked up at us. I leaned into soda while stairing right at the guy. He just rolled his eyes and turned around. "Thank you," I said.

"No problem."

"Hey who do you think he's with, his girlfriend."

"If he is that makes him a pig. Checking you out when he's already got a girl."

I noticed that I was still leaning on soda and he still had his arm around me. It felt so natural. Like this was meant to be.

We stayed like this for a while. We got our popcorn and soda asked me to follow him. He took me to the side of a building and set the popcorn down. "Tianna I need to tell you something," he said.

"Soda you know you can tell me anything," I said.

"T I've liked you for a while now. And I didn't know how to tell you. And call me crazy but that thing back there felt so natural, like we we're made for each other."

"Soda I was thinking the same thing."

"You we're!"

"Yeah."

"Tianna will you be my girlfriend," he said walking closer to me and wrapping both his arms around my waist.

I wrrapped my arms around his neck, "of course Sodapop."

Soda leaned down slowly to kiss me but as our lips met all I could hear in my head was my brothers voice  soda is off limits

I couldn't do this to Steve, what if we break up. He would have to pick either me or his best friend. I pulled away from soda, "I'm sorry soda I can't do this." I said turned around.

"Why T. Is it something I said."

"No it's Steve. He's always said your off limits and I can't do this to him. Soda what of we break up. He's going to have to choose either his best friend or his sister." I said as my eyes got watery.

"T we can work this out."

"Tell the gang I didn't feel well I think im going to go home."

"T wait." He called after me.

"You did nothing wrong soda," I said as I kept walking.

Hey guys I know I said I was back and all and then I didn't write. And I'm sorry for that but I was here and I was writing, just not on this account or in this book. I have a book called rising to power on my second account wowitsjo so you should go check it out. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for part 2. Thanks and God bless.