59: two-bit

For emriecurtis

Emrie's POV

I ran out of the house and to the drive in. I hate my parents so much all they do is yell at me. Why can't you be more like your sister. Why can't you be smarter. come here so I can hit you. I couldn't stand it anymore. The drive in was my safe haven. There was an old abandoned part of the drive in that I love. No body goes there unless they accidentally end up there.

I leaned against the fence as tears started to come from my eyes. Come on Em pull yourself together. I said to myself trying to hold back the tears.

"...Told the boss I was sick 'you can't use the car cuz you don't work a lick' sometimes I wonder what im-a gonna do but there ain't no cure for the summer time blues." I heard someone sing. I recognized that voice, it sounded familiar. I turned around and see the person, quickly I spun back around. It was two-bit Mathews, the town drunk. I couldn't stand him. I don't understand the whole drink to get drunk mindset. Why would you drink just so you can forget everything

I turned around crossing my arms. God please make me invisible right now. I wiped my eyes so it didn't look like I was crying.

I felt a hand wrap around my shoulder.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing by your lonesome." Two whispered in my ear. His breath was hot and reaked of beer.

"Please get off me." I said trying to pull away.

"Firey just how I like them." He said as his hand fell to my waist.

"Two leave me alone." I said pushing him off me."

"Awww come on baby." He said.

"Two your drunk leave me alone." I shoved him away.

"Emrie, emrie come back." He called after me as I ran to the park.

Great my favorite place was now ruined, filled with a bad memory. Another reason I don't like two.

I sat on a swing as tears started to form. I couldn't hold them back anymore I've been holding then back my whole life. I've been strong for everyone. My mother, my sister, my friends, even my drunk of a father. The tears started to come later and the sobs just a little bit louder.

"Em, are you ok." I heard a panting two say.

I looked up quickly wipeing the tears away, "I'm fine. Why." I cleared my throat.

"Do you want to talk maybe," he said sitting on the swing next to me.

"I told you already two I'm fine."

"Well I don't believe you."

"And just why would I open up to you."

"Look I know you don't like me, and I don't know what I did to cause that. But whatever it was I'm really truely sorry."

"Well you've seemed to have sobered up since earlier."

"Em in trying my best to be serious here."

"Alright you really want to know the reason. Your just like my father, a drunk." I said with a bad taste in my mouth.

"I'm not a drunk," two said.

"Oh don't lie to yourself two. I've seen you walking around town. And you almost always have a beer in your hand," I yelled at him.

"Em-"

"Why are you even here. What do you want from me."

"I just want you to talk," he yelled back at me. "I just- I've noticed you. In school and stuff. I just think you have a lot to tell. I think you need someone." He said in a lower voice.

"So your telling me. You've noticed me, and you think I need someone to talk to." I said kind of offended.

"No it's not like that. Just please talk to me."

"Does it mean that much to you."

"As a matter of fact yes," he said crossing his  arms over his famous Mickey mouse shirt, "so why did I find you crying today."

"Ok," I said taking a deep breath. "My dad....he's well.... Always drunk. And when he's drunk he gets really mad at me. And like really mad to the point he..you know hits us."

"Us?"

"My mom and sister. And my mom isn't much better I mean she doesn't hit me but she yells at me like it's her God sent mission."

"Oh em I'm so sorry. I-i had no idea."

"It's ok no one does."

"Emire if you ever want to talk I'm right here."

"I-i can't believe I just did this," I said getting up. "I just spilled my guts to someone I don't even know, someone I don't even like that much." I said rasing my voice at myself.

"Hey we're making progress. Before you hated me, know you only don't really like me." Two joked.

"Two I'm not in the mood, does it sound like I'm joking. I'm serious I can't believe I just did this."

"Maybe you needed it."

"I don't know two." I said sitting down feeling defeated. "Well I spilled to you, you tell me something." I said.

We sat there and talked all night about everything. He told me about his gang. A few of them I had classes with.

"Emire can I tell you something."

"Well that seems to be the gist of this night."

"I didn't just notice you in school. I think your really cute and I wanna ask you......will you go out with me."

"Yes two."

He grabbed the chian to my swing and pulled me next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist to keep me there. "I'm so happy emire." He said kissing my tempel.

"I'm happy too." I replied.

A/n

Hey guys. I hoped you liked this one. Don't forget to vote. Thanks for reading God bless.