80: sodapop

*this is like 5 hears after the outsiders takes place so you and soda are 21*

Your POV

" Morning Leo," I said making bacon. I was nervous, last night I went out with my friends and didn't home until later. Well my husband Leo didn't like that and now I'm awfully afraid. He's only hit me when he's really angry but then he apologizes and is all loving again.

"Morning honey," he wrapped his arms around my waist just a little too tight. "What are you making," he said.

"Bacon and eggs." I replied.

"So last night, was it fun." He said.

I shut my eyes at his words, "uh yeah we had fun." I said.

"So you got home pretty late what were you doing." He said sitting down at the table.

"We just lost track of time. We were having fun," I said as I put eggs on his plate. I carried the pan with the bacon over to the table.

"Were you trampping around," he said rasing his voice.

"No, Leo why would I do that," I said putting bacon on his plate.

"Because that's who you are, I mean you were a greaser before you met me. I know how those girls are," he paused putting his head in his hands, "I don't want this." He said smacking the pan.

Grease leaped out of the pan and landed on my wrist. I shuttered at the pain. I put the pan down on the counter and ran my hand under cold water. "Leo I'm sorry," I said rubbing the new blisters on my wrist.

"Oh (y/n) I'm sorry." He came up behind me kissing my neck and then down my shoulder.

"It's fine Leo," I said as tears ran from my eyes.

"It's not sweetie, I'll make it up to you. But I have to leave for work now. I'll see you when I get home. I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said as he left.

When I heard the door click shut. I hit the floor I couldn't keep the tears from coming out. I looked at my wrist another mark in out marriage that I didn't want. I had to get out of here, I couldn't take this much longer.

----------

That night Leo came home with flowers and chocolate. He apologized a million times.

I laid in bed next to Leo he was fast asleep. Now was my chance, I had to leave now. If I didn't leave now nothing would change, I would be miserable.

"Goodbye Leo," I leaned over and kissed his forehead. I got up fixing my side if the bed. I laid my goodbye note on my pillow. In it I wrote how I wanted to be happy but I wasn't here and how I wanted to separate.

I slowly crept out of bedroom and out of the house. "goodbye old life," I said. I kissed my fingers and pressed them against the door frame.

I picked up a bag that I had packed earlier and ran to Buck's. I knew there was a party there, it was all over town. And my friends in my old gang, I haven't talked to them since I got married. Leo didn't allow it.

---

I walked in the door and looked around. I saw soda and Steve sitting at the bar. I walked over sitting down next to them. "Hey guys," I leaned in yelling over the music. "(Y/n)!" soda cheered hugging me.

"Hey soda." I said.

"Good to see you (y/n)," Steve said, "where's your man." He said.

"Uhh he's at home, he's got a cold. But he didn't want me to miss out on all this fun."

"Oh well that was nice of him," Steve said as a girl walked by, "now if you'll excuse me for a while." He said getting up and following her.

"Leo doesn't know your here does he?" Soda said.

"No he doesn't. Soda me and Leo.......we-we're seperating." I said.

"Oh (y/n) I'm so sorry."

"Oh it's fine."

"(Y/n)," the rest of the gang greeted I catched up with them for a while. Eventually they all went separate ways and it was just me and soda again.

"(Y/n) if Leo ever lays a hang on you-"

"Soda I'm fine," I said cutting him off. If Leo new I spilled to soda I'd be dead meat. And if soda knew what happens well there surely will be a fight. "I just have one favor to ask. Can I come and stay at your house for a while." I said.

"Uuhhhh yeah, I'll ask Darry if we can move some stuff around."

"Thank you soda."

"Oh it's no problem. I mean that's what friends are for."

------

We drove back to the Curtis house, just like old times before I was married.

I laid in soda's bed next to him. "soda?" I said to see if he was still awake.

"Yeah," he said turning over to face me.

"I missed this. Us. The old us the way we used to be, when we were young and innocent." I said.

"Me too. (Y/n) I really missed you."

"I missed you too."

There was a silent moment and then soda slowly leaned into me. He kissed me, I felt more love in this kiss then when Leo kissed me.

We pulled apart, "I'm sorry," soda said.

"It's fine soda I could get used to this," I said leaning in and kissing him again.

A/n

Hey guys I hope you like this one. I got the idea off a book I'm reading. It's called boardwalk summer and it's so good, you should check it out. Don't forget to vote, request are open. Thanks for reading, God bless.