96: Dallas

For TessaMorgan03

Tessa's POV

I slammed my locker shut at the end of the day. That God it was Friday and I would have a few days just to hang out. I walked down the hall when I saw a couple kissing each other. He just asked her to prom. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Tessa," Axel called from down the hall. I turned around as he jogged over to me.

"What do you want?" I asked snarky. Me and Axel weren't friends, we kind of hated each other but we put up with each other when we had to.

"Nothing much." He said.

"Alright well then we're done here." I said continuing to the door.

"Wait Tessa. Has anyone asked you to prom yet?" He asked walking next to me.

"No."

"Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I am." I said pushing the front door open.

"Who?"

"You don't know him."

"Well do you know how long he's going to take?" He asked. I stood at my car door thinking of Dally. I wanted him to ask me to prom but he's hardly in school. Even if he did ask me the school probably wouldn't let him in.

"You know he probably won't ask." I said turning around to face Axel.

"Well then Tessa will you go to prom with me."

"I gladly will," I said getting into my car.

"I'll see you Monday," he said winking and shutting my car door for me.

I smiled to myself as I pulled away from school.

-----

I walked into the Curtis house and sat down on the couch. "You guys are never going to believe what happened to me today." I said super excited.

"What," soda asked as everyone filed into the living room.

"Axel asked me to prom!" I said my voice getting high at the end.

I looked at everyone, especially dally I wanted to see his reaction. He just raised an eyebrow.

"What did you say?" Darry asked.

"Well I said yes of course I wouldn't be telling you if I said no." I smiled. I looked to dally and I saw his face fall, something he didn't do often. Maybe he did want to ask me. But prom is in two weeks he should have asked a while ago.

"Oh shoot I was uh... Supposed to meet Buck ten minutes ago. I gotta go." Dally said rushing out of the door.

"I hurt him didn't I?" I asked.

They nodded.

"I've never seen him make that face before. I'm an awful person. I was going to wait for him but then Axel asked me. I guess I was just mad dally hadn't asked yet." I said looking down.

"He'll be okay Tessa, he'll have other chances to win you over," Steve said.

"Really?"

"Dally's been talking to me about you for a while. He definitely likes you." Johnny said.

"God damnit." I said getting frustrated, "I can't cancel on Axel he'll be shattered."

"I thought you hated him?" Pony asked.

"I do, but I care enough not to leave him in the dust two weeks away from prom."

"She's got a point proms in two weeks it makes sense for someone to think they aren't getting asked." Two chimed in.

"I'm gonna go.....I don't know do something. I'll see Yas around." I said leaving. I went home I decided I was going to act like I didn't know dally liked me. I would go on with my daily life and then Andrew weeks after prom bring it up.

----

The day of prom was finally here. I was so excited and honesty forgot about the whole Dally situation. I mean it's in the back of my head but I don't worry anymore. I put my dress on, it was a yellowish color with no sleeves, a deep v, and a full skirt. I was in love with it. I spent two weeks of pay on it, and I don't regret it. I put my hair in a fancy bun and threw on some makeup. My heels were white and not to big.

It was a beautiful day outside so I went outside to sit on the stoop and wait. I grabbed a book on my way out to read while I waited.

---

I was a few chapters along before I noticed that a lot of time had gone by. Like maybe two hours. I looked around and didn't see Axel anywhere around. I went back inside and got changed. I put on a pair of jeans and old olive green t-shirt. I went back out and walked around the block.

"Tess?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around and saw dally jogging up to me. "Aren't you supposed to be at the prom?" He asked.

"Oh uh Axel didn't show."

"What?" He said angry.

"He never showed up. So I just got changed and I was gonna just walk around."

"Go put your dress back on. And wait for me," he yelled as he jogged away.

"Dallas what are you doing?" I yelled and laughed at the same time.

"Just wait," he spun around.

I laughed as I walked back around to my house.

Once again I put my dress on and my heels, hair, but not as much makeup.

I just finished getting ready when there was a knock at the door. I walked over and opened the door. "Oh my God Dally," I said a little flustered. He had a white button down with a new pair of jeans and his leather jacket. "Where did you get this," I said pointing at his shirt.

"It's Buck's he said it's the nicest thing he has. Uh this is for you." He said handing me a single flower. It was obvious he took it from someone's lawn.

"Aww Dally," I said.

"Come on," he said taking my hand. We walked hand in hand all the way to Buck's.

"Are you ready," dally said turning to me before walking in.

"Uh yeah," I said confused.

"Okay," he said pushing the door open. The entire place was empty there were streamers on the support beams. Buck stood there wiping the counter.

"Dally what is this?" I asked confused.

"This your prom."

"My prom? Dally no you didn't really?" I said excited.

"I did." He snickered.

"Oh my God." I said walking in to the dancefloor. The music started and we started to dance together.

Then a slow song came on. "Dally?" I said.

"Yeah Tessa."

"Thank you so much. I really felt awful when I said yes to Axel. After you left when I told everyone I knew I screwed up. I saw that I wanted you and maybe you wanted me?"

"I do want you Tessa. So much more then Axel."

"I want you more too," my hands went from his shirt collar down the zippers of his jacket.

"I can't wait anymore Tessa," he said grabbing my face. He kissed me and it was the best kiss ever. It was perfect.

Hey guys I hope you liked this one. I think it's super cute and just awwish. I just made that word up. Don't forget to vote. Request will be opening in a few weeks but not yet. Thanks for reading, God bless.