73: Dally

* let's pretend dally has a job for this one folks*

Your POV

I sat in the living room as the phone ring.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi (y/n)," my best friend Riley said, "it's mom sh-she died." She said through sobs.

"Oh my God Riley do you want me to come over." I asked.

"Yeah. Could you."

"Of course I could."

I helped Riley go through all of her mom's things and helped her plan the funeral and viewing.

------ at the viewing ------

I stood in line as people came by saying their goodbyes to Riley's mom then coming over to us to say they're sorry. I never understood that 'im sorry for your loss.' why would you say that, unless you killed them.

I stood next to Riley as her support. It killed me not to cry, Riley's mom was like my mom. Especially when my mom up and left. I told myself to be strong for Riley so I couldn't cry. "Do you need anything," I whispered in her ear.

"Maybe a glass of water." She said through sniffles. I got her a glass and brought it back. "I hate to bother you but can you call the restaurant and confirm we have tomorrow." She asked.

"Yeah." I left to call the restaurant. They said we did have tomorrow reserved and there were plenty of extra seats if we needed them.

---- at the lunch in after the funeral ----

"Hey (y/n)," someone said putting their hands on my shoulder.

"Oh my God hi George. Thanks for coming." I said. George was me and Riley's best guy friend. He was so good to us and treated us like his sister.

"I'm so sorry (y/n)," he said hugging me.

"Hey it is what it is." I said

"So I understand you organized all of this."

"Yeah," I said.

People kept coming up talking to me.

"Would you excuse me," I said to one lady. I walked around until I found one room. It was empty none of the lights were on. When you walked in there were stairs up and down. Up was a loft full of table on the lower level was more tables and a fountain on one wall.

The room was beautiful. I walked around my heals making the old wood floors creak. I sat down on one of the chairs on the upper loft. I just had to get out of that room. Everyone talking about the death I couldn't take it anymore.

I let the tears come for the first time since I heard the news. I wiped them all away almost right away. I kept walking circles around the room.

"Hey," I heard an angry voice say. I spun around but I couldn't see the person just the outline of a body. "What are you doing here you should. Be in here." He said.

"I-i'm sorry I just needed to uh get out of there."

He turned the lights on and k could see his face. Woah he was hot.

"Oh are you with the funeral." He said.

"Yeah." I said in a lower voice.

"Umm well you can just stay uh as long as you need." He said walking away.

"Wait." I called to him. "Will you stay with me?" I asked.

"Uh sure." He sat down and I sat next to him.

"You know life really sucks." I said.

"Tell me about it." He said. He pulled a box of cigarettes out of his pocket, "you smoke?"

"Yeah." I said taking one. He lit mine and then he lit his.

"So what's got you down?" I asked.

"What doesn't. But that's not why we're here. What's up with you?" He asked.

"Well my mom left when I was 7 and my dad hasn't paid attention to me since. I don't know if he knows I'm there sometimes. And Riley's mom was the closest thing I had to a mom in years."I said.

"Man I know how that feels," he said.

"You do?"

"Yeah."

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Dally, what about you."

"(Y/n)"

"That's pretty."

"Thanks," I said blushing.

"Dally what are you doing." Another worker yelled.

"I was uh-" he stuttered.

"And who's she," he yelled pointing to me.

"She's uh-" he said rubbing his neck.

"Never mind just get back to work."

"Uh ok." He said walking away.

"Dally wait." I said running after him.

"What." He said turning around.

I pulled him down by his collar and kissed him. It took him a second but he kissed me back.

"(Y/n)" he said after we pulled apart.

"Yeah."

"Meet me at the drive in tomorrow. At 8."

"See you then dally."

"See you then (y/n)." He said walking away. I stood in the room by myself. A sighed and sat on a chair. This was going to be good.

A/n

Hey guys I hope you liked this one. I did I think it's sweet. Don't forget to vote, request are open. Thanks for reading, God bless.