105: ponyboy

For ponycurtisluvr14

Pony's POV

I sat on the couch waiting for Jenna to get here. We we're planning on heading out for the day. I honestly wasn't feeling it though. I had a lot of school work piling up and I was starting to stress out. I promised Jenna we would do this last week.

I waited and waited but Jenna was running late. What if she got jumped? What if she's laying on the sidewalk waiting and calling for us? My heart started racing faster and faster........

----

Jenna's POV

"Mom I have to go. I promised pony I would be there." I said.

"But honey can you just run this to the post office." She pleaded

I know I should, I mean she's my mother. And with pony's epilepsy if he gets to stressed he has a seizure. And if I'm ever late it stresses him out.  "Alright fine I'll take it." I said grabbing it from her.

I jogged across town to the post office and slipped the envelope in the box. "Jenna is that you?" Someone said behind me.

I turned around annoyed. "Mrs. Clark hi." Mrs. Clark was my 5th grade teacher. I was definitely her favorite kid in that class.

"Oh it's all the same for me. But tell me how are you, you've grown up so much." She said.

"Well kids tend to do that," I joked.

"You're right there. Now tell me, how old are you now?"

"I'm 15, just turned 15 in April. Are you still teaching?"

"Yeah, but I'm planning on retiring in the next few years."

"Well I'll have to come see you're class one day. But I must go, I'm planning on meeting someone."

"Oh it's fine if your a little late," she laughed at me, "so are you doing well in school."

"Yeah I've got mostly A's. Are you still teaching 5th grade?"

"Yep same room and everything. But tell me is there a boy in your life."

"Yeah I'm actually headed to his place now. I'm running a bit late."

"Oh well don't let me hold you. Go go!" She said.

"I'll see you around. Bye." I said leaving. I ran to pony's house I was half and hour late. There was no hope for me. I paused to catch my breath and a car pulled up next to me. John Carmen, he's been trying to get with me all year. "Need a ride sweetie." He said.

"John leave me alone." I said walking trying desperately to catch my breath.

"Where ya headed."

"Pony's house if you must know."

"Pony that's your boyfriend right."

"Yeah. And I'm running late so I'll see you around." I said

"Bye sugar." He said.

"Stop calling me that." I yelled as I started running again.

I could see the house just down the street. I started to slow down so I wasn't panting when I got there. Suddenly the front door swung open and Steve was standing there. "Jenna is that you?" He called.

"Yeah. What's wrong." I said slowing to a stop.

"Pony...he's having a seizure hurry up." He yelled.

I sprinted down the street to the house. I ran into the house. Pony was on the floor still shanking. The gang was just standing there watching him.

"Stand back guys. He needs his space." I said. I was studying to be a nurse when I wasn't busy with school so I knew what to do. And pony's seizure's were a new thing.

I looked up at Darry who's face was stricken with fear. "Darry where do you keep his pills." I said.

I uh the bathroom cabinet..... Second shelf." He said panicked.

I ran in there searching for the bottle. But there was nothing, I tore apart every shelf looking. "There nothing there." I yelled.

"I might have left them out in the kitchen this morning."

I rummaged threw the kitchen and my eyes met the trashcan. I looked in and there was only a paper plate.

"Call an ambulance quick. Even if we find them before they get here." I yelled. In my gut I knew they were probably in the trash can earlier today and someone took it out.

We all were looking around the house for the bottle but nothing. Two-bit had a worried look on his face. "Two are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm... Hiccup... Fine" he said.

"Okay." I rolled my eyes and went back to searching.

------

We all sat in the waiting room of the hospital. I stood up, "ok we need to have a talk guys." I said. They all groaned at me. "Don't groan at me. When something like this happens one wrong move and pony could be dead." I said raising my voice. They all stopped their complaining and let me have the floor.

"Okay so for starters, what to do. Give pony as much space as he can get. Don't try to stop him or too close him. It will only make him worse. And as soon as he's done give him two of those pills. Only if I'm there give him one while he's having it. And I'll do it, there's a very specific way you have to do it. Understand?" I said. They all nodded and two took a swig of his beer.

"Second thing, where did his pills go. Darry when did you take out the trash last?" I asked.

"Right when I got home. Why?"

"Did you happen to notice if anything was in it. Like maybe the pills."

"I don't think I saw anything."

"Could any of you have maybe accidentally thrown it out.  It's okay if you did we can get new ones. It's not a big deal." I said. Two slid down in his chair giving himself away.

Two slowly raised his hand, " It might have been me." He said sheepish.

"How could you do that two-bit!" Darry yelled.

"Darry calm down. Your making a scene." I said. He ignored me.

"Why would you do that. Ya know you were probably drunk too." Soda shouted at two.

"Boys stop it!" I yelled," now two you're gonna have to tell us what happened." I said calmly.

"I don't know what came over me I just tossed then in the can. I guess I didn't recognize them."

"Okay well now we know what not to do," I said to two, "see how easy it is when your not yelling." I said to Darry and soda.

"You're all here for ponyboy." The doctor said.

"Yes." Darry said standing up.

"He's fine now, you can go see him."

We spent the rest of the night in the hospital hanging out until the discharged him.

Hey guys I hope you liked this one. It's different I know. But I think I did good. Don't forget to vote, request are open. Thanks for reading, God bless.