63: darry

For stonecoldlover911

Warnings: abuse and a little cursing
Mel's POV

I knocked on the door of my boyfriend Paul's house. To be frank he's not the nicest person, he's a soc and beats me on occasion. But I can't leave him, he would kill me, literally.

"Your late," Paul said.

"I know I'm sorry I got hung up with my mom." I said.

"Don't do it again."

"Alright," I said a little fearful. I know what your thinking, why don't you tell anyone. Well the gang would kill him and probably flip on me for not telling them earlier. Especially Darry he's always been like a protected to me, but I really liked him and I k ew he probably didn't like me.

I followed Paul upstairs to his room, we were just hanging out and talking. It was actually kinda nice, it was different we never do stuff like this. He wrapped his hand around my waist which I didn't mind. But I did mind when he started to move his hand lower. "What are you doing." I said pulling his arm away.

"Come on Mel just let it happen." He said.

"No, Im not letting you." I said standing up.

"Mel get back here," he yelled at me.

I shut his bedroom door behind me and went home.

---- the next day ----

I finished setting the dinner table with plates for me and Paul. He wanted to come over and apologize, he asked for dinner so I made us some.

"Dinners ready," I said walking into the living room.

"I'm not hungry." He said not looking away from the TV.

"What. But you just asked me to make you dinner. Paul I can't afford to waste that food."

"Then you shouldn't have made it," Paul said rasing his voice.

"Well then you shouldn't have asked me to make it," I yelled at him.

His head shot over looking at me for the first time, I could see fire in his eyes and I knew I had just made a big mistake. He stood up and walked over to me, "don't ever correct me again darling," he said in my ear. The smell of alcohol over took my nose, oh my God this one was going to be bad.

He stepped back taking his hand he smacked my face, it stung. I took a few steps back.

"Try to run away I dare you." He said. I ran to the bathroom I tried to shut and lock the door but it wasn't in time. He kicked it open with his foot, he looked down on me now with his belt in his hand. He hit me with it till I was weak on the ground. I couldn't even stand up. "I'm sorry," I cried.

"Good." He said, "now you've made me late." He left the house and I laid in the floor of the bathroom crying.

It took me a few minutes before I had the strength to stand up, it never was this bad before and it ended now. I picked up the phone and called the Curtis house.

Darry's POV

I stood in the kitchen making dinner, the house was extra loud today. Soda and Steve were wrestling in the living room and just other ruckus. I heard the phone ring, "can someone get that." I yelled over all the noise.

"I'll get it," Johnny said.

"What, I can't hear you the gangs being loud." I heard Johnny said.

I walked over to the living to see who called, Johnny handed me the phone, "it's Mel. I can't hear her."

"Mel," I said into the phone.

"Darry," her voice cracked.

"Are you ok? What happened."

"It's Paul," she said then sniffed, "h-he. Can you come over." She said then started to sob.

"Is Paul ok. Are you ok."

"He hits me Darry," she yelled as if she just unclogged a drain.

"Listen, stay there I'll be right over," I said hanging up the phone.

"Son of a bitch," I said low, "son of a bitch." I yelled.

"What is it." Soda said.

I grabbed my jacket and walked to the door, "you guys stay here and wait for my call." I said leaving the house.

I drove petal to the floor all the way over, running up to the door I knocked.

Mel slowly opened the door. She had a brusie on her cheek that was swollen and long brusies all over her body.

"Mel," I said in a low tone. She just fell into me crying. I picked her up, walking into the house, and set her down on the couch.

"What happened," I said paseing back and forth acrros her living room.

"It was all my fault. I yelled at him and then he got mad an-and then he hit me." She said crying, "please don't do anything to him. It was my fault."

"I'm just gonna go pick up some stuff to fix you up, ok? I'll be back soon." She nodded and I left. I got back into the car and drove back home.

Rushing into the house I announced, "everyone get in the car I'll explain on the way."

They all just looked and me and no one moved, "now." I yelled running out of the house, they all followed and piled into the bed of the truck.

Soda opened the window in the back, "what's going on Darry."

"It's Mel. You know her boyfriend Paul. Well she's crying and tells me he hits her."

"What," Steve yelled.

"Wait til we get a piece of him," dally said.

"I knew I that guy gave me weird felling." Two said. Pony and Johnny just looked at eachother in disbelief.

We crusied around town looked for Paul.

"Over there," pony said pointing to a little corner store. I put the car in park and everyone jumped out of the bed. We ran over to paul, he was they're with Bob and another guy I've never seen before.

A few of the guys jumped on Paul and when bob tried to pull them off they jumped on him, the other guy just ran after that. I grabbed Paul's collar and held him up, "you ever touch Mel again you're dead." I dropped him his head hitting the concert. We all got back in the truck and sped to Mel's house.

I nursed her wounds as she slept and the boys sat scattered around her living room. I saw her eyes fluttered open.

"Darry I told you not to," she said looking at everyone's dirty sweaty faces. A few had bruises and cuts.

"What did you want us to do." I said shurrging my shoulders.

She grabbed my face and kissed me while the rest of the gang cheered.

"Mel, I always thought I would kiss you first," I said after we pulled away.

"Well life's full of surprises," she said kissing me again.

A/n

Hey guys I hope you liked this one, I know it's a little longer but I  love this one. Don't forget to vote, reguest are open. Thanks for reading, God bless.