23: steve

I woke up my nose ran like a river. I looked at the clock 4:30. No shot I was falling back to sleep before 6. I decided to just get a shower now instead of waiting till tonight. Maybe it would make me feel better. The past two days I have felt like absolute shit. My throat was sore one day, the next I was sneezing like crazy.

I got out of the shower and laid around till six. I got ready and headed out the house. I knew I should have stayed home. My nose was running like crazy, every period I was heading to the bathroom to blow my nose.
"You should call your mom and she if she'll come pick you up," my friend Mary said.

"yeah like my mom would pick me up at school," I said.

"hey it was just a suggestion, I could see if my dad would pick you up," Mary suggested. Mary's dad was just like mary, the sweetest would drop everything he's doing to help someone.

"No it's fine I'll survive," I said sniffing and rubbing my nose.

"alright well then don't complain to me all day," Mary said sassy.

I punched her arm playfully. As we walked to lunch. We sat down and started talking. "so (y/n) how's your guy," our friend Julia asked.

"he's not my guy alright, he probably doesn't even know who I am," I say looking down and laughing a bit. I look up and seen him across the room. Standing in the lunch line with his friends. That's weird I've never seen him in our lunch. "what are you looking at," Kat says as she follows my gaze to the three boys. "You should go talk to him," they all say. "No I couldn't I'd just embarrass myself," I say trying to calm them down. "just go stand in line and let nature do the rest," Julia says as she practically pushes me in the line.

I stood there for a bit awkwardly planing with the money in my hands and my hair. I should think of something I want to get so I don't just stand there looking like an idiot. I decided on fries. "excuse me," a voice said in front of me. My head shot up, it was one of 'my guy's' friends. "yeah," I said looking at him. He had a Navy blue shirt with a zip up sweatshirt, jeans, and converse. Almost like what I wear everyday. "is the pizza or chicken nuggets better," he asked me. "oh well I actually never had either," I rubbed the back of my neck with my hand, "I've actually never had anything here. This is my first time, grabbing fires for my friend." I say awkwardly shaking the money in my hand, I knew k was rambling buy I couldn't stop,  "say are they any good," I ask. "oh there my favorite," I look up and 'my guy' answered me. "thanks," I say.

Before I knew it they were walking away with pizza and chicken nuggets fighting over which is better. I watched them as they walked back to a table and sat down. "sweetie, sweetie!" The lunch lady  called snapping me out if my gaze. "oh hi, umm can I just get fries," I say as I wipe my nose. Oh my god I just talked to my crush and I sounded all nasally, great. "here you go honey," the lunch lady handed me my fries and I walked back to my seat smiling.

The girls all are throwing questions at me. I get them all to calm down and tell them everything that happened. They would squeal at certain parts or say I told you so to eachother. Just as I finished the bell rang and I walked with Julia to my next class, we have ela together.

I sat there staring at nothing thinking about 'my guy'. I wish I didn't have to say my guy with quotations, heck I'd settle for his name. Then I had a light bulb I heard one of them say Steve. I know the one as two-bit, everyone knows him. So there's a 50/50 chance my guy is steve. Then the bell rang and I walked to physics with Julia and meeting up with Mary, we all had physics together. They talked while I tried to scramble my mind for a name of the younger kid. He didn't look much like a steve, my guy did though.

"hey do you guys know his name," I said pointing to a kid at his locker. I couldn't believe it there he was perfect timing, "yeah that's ponyboy why," Julia said. "I know my guys name then, steve," I said pulling my books closer to my chest. We walked in the class going to our respective seats. I looked over at Julia as she mouthed steve to me with a are you serious look on her face. I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to day dreaming.

As I sat there my nose started to run again. I hated blowing my nose in front of people. So I raised my hand, "Mrs. Clark can I go to the bathroom." she looked around the room, "when DJ gets back she said." I rubbed my nose on my sleeve hopeing no one saw. Then DJ came back in. I got up and signed out. I went into the bathroom blew my nose till I couldn't blow anymore ( a/n get your head out of the gutter I know what your thinking).

I walked out and thought to myself. I think I'll take the long way, what's the worse that could happen. As I turn the corner I see none other then steve and two-bit walking my way. I try my best to look cool and not mess up. I pass them no sweat. I bite my bottom lit hard trying not to scream. I turn around one more time just to see him again.

As I turn around I lock eyes with him, holy shit he was already looking at me. He gave me a smile and I gave one back in return. I get back to physics and sit down, smiling like a idiot. Someone taps my shoulder, "Mary wants you," a guy said pointing to the back of the room. I look at her and see mouths "what happened." I smile even bigger  "I'll tell you later." I said and turned back facing forward.

Physics finished and I walked to my locker meeting up with Kat. I tell them everything as we walked to my Kat's locker. We always went to Kat's first, then mary, then Julia, then mine. Buy the time I get to my locker everyone's gone. Kat, mary, and Julia are all on their buses in the way home, they ditch when we get to their locker.

I hear loud footsteps round the corner and I look up from my books. It's steve he smiles at me again. This time I notice his teeth. They were so cute, I have really messed up teeth too.

He leaned against the locker next to yours, "your the girl from the lunch room and eighth period right," he asked. "yep that's me," I say shyly putting a piece of hair behind my ear. "well I've been looking for ya," I looked at him confused. "do you wanna go to the dingo tomorrow after school," he asked confidently. "yeah I'd do that, meet me back here tomorrow same time." I say. "alright see you then cutie," I blush at that as he spins on his heal and walks away. I close my locker and lean against it. Looking in the direction he went, I took a deep death and started my way home. I'm glad k decided to come to school.

Hey guys I hope you liked it. I love this one. I got the idea from my life. THAT'S RIGHT I TURNED AROUND TO LOOK AT MY CRUSH AND HE WAS ALREADY LOOKING AT ME. ahhhhhhhh. Ok calm down joanna. I am taking request, if you want a format there's one on 15: dally you don't have to use the format though just send me whatever. Also if you have imagine book recommendations I would love them. It's getting hard for me to find one's I haven't read yet. Ok thanks for reading, God bless.