57: steve

For steve_randle13

Jenica's POV

I sat in my room listening to my records. My family hated them, if it wasn't Mozart it wasn't good. Well you could probably guess it by now but I'm a soc, I hate it. I've never wanted anything more then to be a greaser girl. I was 16 now and needed a 'coming out party' it's where I'm presented to society. But really it's just saying "hey look at my daughter. She's of eligible age to get married so let's set our kids up." Greasers don't have to do this they get to stay out late, not wear dresses all the time, smoke and have one night stands. Man what I would give to have a smoke and not have to put pounds of perfume on so I wouldn't smell in front of my parents. I sat in my room door locked.

"Jenica sweetheart," my mom said knocking in my door.

"Yeah mom," I yelled over the music.

"Honey please open the door."

I smoothed my dress and walked over to the door. "Yes?"

"Jenica you aren't ready," she said rushing into my room.

"Mom what are you talking about."

"You'll need to change your dress," she said rummageing through my closet.

"What!"

"And redo your hair," she said ignoring me.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"Honey it's not ladylike to yell."

"Mother please tell me what's going on."

"We're going out with the Smith's. You should remember I told you last week."

"Ugh mom do I have to go."

"Yes we have reservations. Now put this dress on and...." She paused looking at my hair,"...... Pin that up." She waved her finger at my hair. She walked out of my room and shut the door, "oh and be quick." She said popping her head back in my room.

I mutter about my devil of a mother as I got changed.

----

We walked in the restaurant and surely enough there were all the Smith's, all polished and manicured looking. God I hated them, especially Luke he's in my class and he's so annoying. we sat at a round table, the grown ups talked, Luke was checking me out, and me and my brother Dave silently complained to eachother. The waiter came and took our order, when Luke got the same thing I did I knew exactly what was going on here. Our family's are trying to set me and Luke up.

"Dave don't you have to go to the bathroom," my mom said to him.

"What? No." Dave answered confused.

"Dave go to the bathroom." My mother said sternly. He got up and left.

"Helen I'm going to salad bar do you want to come," my father said to my mother.

"Yeah."

"We'll join you," Mrs Smith said pulling her husband along.

It was just me and Luke now sitting at the table, I swirled my fork around my salad waiting for this night to be over.

"Hey gorgeous," Luke said.

"Do youself a favor Luke and don't talk to me," I said.

"You know that dress looks cute on you, I bet it would look better off of you," he said. This made me furious this is exactly why I hated Luke, because she says things like this.