Brunch

Edited 2/12/2020

Y/N's POV

I expected some fancy restaurant like Jungkook the previous evening but instead we walked to the nearest coffee place, it was surprising yet nice.

Jin insisted on buying us both a drink and sandwich, I tried to pay my share but he refused.

"You don't mind walking do you?"

Jin flashed a warm smile my way, I found myself returning it.

"Of course not, it's actually refreshing."

I was holding my hot chocolate in one hand, paper bag containing a cinnamon bagel in the other. Jin opted for a black coffee with some type of cheese bagel, he had already started to eat it as we walked through the park.

The park covered a wide area that could fit about four small houses, there were benches for people to sit in every corner and jogging tracks were all around the edges of the park. Flower hedges and bushes grew all around; this made the park look more pleasant and attractive. This place was beautiful, it's so pleasurable to relax here and take in some cool fresh air.

"How about we sit here?"

Jin motioned to a cute little bench right beneath a cherry blossom tree, I gave a nod and settled myself down.

"So Y/N, why don't you tell me something about yourself. I feel like it's only right we get to know each other, my father spoke so highly of you. It would mean the world to me if the two of us could have the same connection that you did, if you don't mind of course?"

Jin was different to Jungkook, yes physically the two were similar and at times when smiling or laughing I could see the family resemblance but personality wise the two couldn't be more different.

I was always nervous around Jungkook, the way he acted always made me feel uncomfortable and awkward yet with Jin it was the total opposite.

The way he smiled, how gentle his voice was, his strange yet hilarious sense of humour.

I could honestly say Jin was growing on me, I was lucky to have him as my boss.

I did the same as before, just like with Jungkook the previous evening. I spoke with Jin about general things, it was really pleasant and once I stopped talking he flashed me a bright smile.

"I suppose I should tell you a few things about myself."

I cocked a brow, I didn't expect that. Jungkook had been so reluctant to talk about himself with me, I figured Jin would be the same.

"That would be nice."

I gave a nod, responding with enthusiasm.

Jin was actually a really interesting guy, he spoke with me about his university and what he dreams of doing once graduating. I found out he loves cooking, took classes as a way to relax and enjoys creating his own recipes at home.

"I never would have imagined that, you'll have to cook me something."

I chuckled as he flashed a cheeky grin

"Secretary Y/N, are you asking me out on a date?"

I blushed, shaking my head.

"What?! No! I just said....well....I just thought."

I honestly hadn't meant that, I was simply making conversation. I was so flustered, I didn't even notice as he moved closer.

"Y/N....calm down. I'm only joking, don't need to get nervous."

I looked up and immediately pulled back, he was too close. Damn, what was wrong with the Jeon family and their need to get so close.

"Adorable."

He chuckled, moving a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing."

He moved back, a cheeky yet sweet smile still on his face.

"Do you like sushi?"

Jin suddenly questioned to which I nodded

"Of course, who doesn't?"

He chuckled at my reply, finishing his drink and standing to dispose of it.

"I'll make you sushi, my place tomorrow night. I insist we do this, I would very much like for us to be friends as we'll be working together."

I couldn't help but smile, something about him made it impossible not to do so.

"Okay, sounds nice."

He seemed happy with my response, sitting back down beside me as I finished my sandwich.

"Thanks for buying me lunch today."

I smiled, taking the last bite and then throwing my rubbish away.

" You're most welcome Y/N."

He offered me his arm, I didn't feel uncomfortable around him so accepted it.

The walk back to the office was a pleasant one, the two of us laughing and chatting about general things.

Jin's POV

I hadn't expected to enjoy my time with her this much, Y/N was not only a beautiful woman but also a very intelligent and interesting one.

I loved how innocent she was, it was adorable.

I also loved her laugh, I don't know if she actually found my jokes funny or if she was doing it out of respect due to me holding the title of her boss but regardless....it was cute whenever she laughed along.

I was actually looking forward to getting to know her better tomorrow, I couldn't wait for Jungkook to find out.

I approached his office, leaning against the door frame.

"Busy working?" My tone was laced with sarcasm, eyes falling across my brother as he lay across the couch.

"Enjoy your little brunch date?"

"Jealous?"

Jungkook scoffed at my question, opening his eyes and sitting up.

"Of you? Ha, you wish."

"Well, better make yourself scarce tomorrow night."

His eyebrow shot up

"What do you mean?"

"Y/N's coming over to try my sushi, did you really doubt me brother?"

I smirked, he frowned.

"Already?! How did you manage a date?!"

"Well, it's not technically a date. Call it a friendly night in, two people getting to know each other."

Jungkook laughed.

"I'll make sure she leaves thinking of me."

I cock a brow at his reply.

"How do you plan on achieving that Jungkook?"

His lips formed a devilish grin

"You'll have to wait and see."