Rain Check

Y/N's POV

After my lunch with Yoongi and more importantly after my closure the desire to go out drinking had somewhat dwindled and now all I wanted was to spend some time with my brother who I hadn't seen in months.

I called Namjoon asking him to pick me up once Yoongi had left and then called Yerin to reschedule our night out, she seemed a little disappointed but understood I wanted to spend time with my brother.

I eventually checked my reply from Jungkook which upset me but I tried not to focus on it too much, I finally had my closure and was trying to move on with my life and that also meant moving on from Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook: Thanks, don't miss me too much.

I looked over the message again and frowned....is that really how he was going to leave things between us? I guess so.

"Hey loser, you going to get in the car or not?" I chuckled, locking my phone and slipping it back inside my bag as Namjoon pulled up beside me and leaned out the window.

"Aish hush, I was just checking something." I rolled my eyes and pulled open the door, sitting down and clicking my seat belt in place.

"So....how was lunch?" He cocked a brow and turned the car around, heading back to my place.

"I got my closure, we decided to be friends. I feel.....good." I smiled, for this first time in a long time it was a genuine one.

"Good, I'm glad. I've told you so many times, focus on you. I don't understand why people think they need to be with someone to be happy, I mean look at me....I'm single and I'm having a great time. I get to travel the world and meet amazing people, it's about making the most of life and not trying to please other people all the time."

I chuckled, leaning my head against the window. "I know, that's what I'm trying to do now. I've finally got my closure and Jungkook will be leaving for Tokyo soon so.....now it's time to focus on me."

"You know....you've been looking at the wrong brother this entire time."

"What are you talking about?" I turned to face him, focusing on his face as he was concentrating on driving.

"Jin obviously likes you." He smirked, throwing a knowing glance my way.

"How would you know that he likes me?"

"I swapped numbers with Yerin, that woman seriously wants some of this." He pointed to himself and waggled his brows.

"Ugh, gross. Please stop....." I pretended to gag as he laughed.

"Anyway....I asked her what the deal was with you and the Jeon brothers and she told me pretty much everything."

I raised my brow. "How much did she tell you exactly?"

"Oh...everything. I never knew my little sister would engage in sexual acts inside the workplace." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Lets not talk about that, you're my brother and it makes me feel uncomfortable."

"Fair enough but yeah....she told me pretty much everything and it seems to me this whole time you've been focusing all your attention on the wrong brother."

"How was he the wrong brother?" I was slightly irritated by his words.

"Oh come on Y/N....he's basically another Min Yoongi. I don't know what it is with you but you always seem to fall for the guy who's not ready for serious commitment, first Yoongi and then Jungkook."

I couldn't deny that, I certainly seemed to have a type.

"Okay....so what makes you think Jin is different?"

"Well he's older for one and from what Yerin said to me this Jin guy seems to really like you....apparently he's always been there to support you and the two of you have become really good friends."

I pondered this for a moment, it wasn't entirely inaccurate....Jin had always been there to make me feel better and he took the time to really get to know me unlike Jungkook.

"So....what are you trying to say exactly?"

"I'm saying maybe you should give Jin a chance, maybe all this time you've been focusing on the wrong brother BUT!" He lifted a finger off the wheel to emphasize his point....."Don't rush into anything this time, try enjoying the single life first."

I gave a nod, my pabo brother was right....maybe I was looking at the wrong brother all this time.

Was I unfair to Jin?