Leaving

Jin's POV

"Jungkook are you sure about this?" I furrowed my brow after finding out the news my brother so desperately wanted to talk with me about.

"I'm positive, it'll be a good experience for me. I want to show dad that he can trust me with more responsibility, this is the perfect opportunity for me to do that."

"I know, it's just....moving to Tokyo is a big deal Jungkook. It's not just a short stay kind of deal, you'll be there leading the new team. It's going to be a lengthy process, you could be there for months....even a year if things don't go to plan."

I wasn't sure why my brother wanted to leave so suddenly but something told me Y/N was partly responsible, the last few days at the office had made it clear to pretty much everyone that Y/N and Jungkook were trying their best to avoid each other.

Still....I would often catch him watching her, a look of guilt and sadness on his face.

I wanted to ask, get to the bottom of what was happening between them but something told me it wasn't my place to pry.

Y/N wasn't her usual self, she seemed tired and made clumsy mistakes with her work. I would eventually have to say something if that continued but for now gave her some space as she seemed to need it.

Maybe whatever was happening between my brother and Y/N needed time and space to heal and hopefully move forward, maybe him moving to Tokyo to lead the new team would be a good idea.

"I just need this hyung, please allow me to go. I've got dad's permission but he said you're the one who has the final say in this, please....."

I've never seen my brother like this before, his dark eyes full of pain.....I was worried for him.

"Okay, if this is what you want then I'll arrange everything for you. It shouldn't take me long, maybe a couple of days and then you can head out. I recommend you take this time to say goodbye to people, don't want to leave on bad terms."

Jungkook lowered his head at my words, he seemed to be conflicted.

Jungkook's POV

I left Jin's office after finishing our conversation about Tokyo, this was the right decision for me.

Y/N hadn't spoken to me since that night, she ignored all my calls and messages and avoided me at the office.

I so badly wanted to approach her, hold her and say sorry for what happened but knew she needed space away from me.

I was convinced that leaving for Tokyo was the best thing for us, I'm not ready for a relationship and she needs to fully heal and move on from Min Yoongi before attempting a relationship with anyone else.

I wanted to focus on helping my father and supporting the company to the best of my ability, everything else would have to wait.

Yet for some reason I couldn't shake this lingering pain....since that night with Y/N it hadn't left me.

I made the right decision....didn't I?

I know I'm attracted to her....I know I care for her. I just have other responsibilities right now and need to focus on them before making such a serious commitment to someone....so before my feelings develop more I need to go and do this for my father....for myself.

I just need to say goodbye to her....I need to make sure we're at least friends before I leave.

I reach for my phone and type out a message

Y/N, please come to my office. I need to talk with you.