Jungkook's Ending ~ Hyung Returns

Jin's POV

Y/N has become a silhouette, as if she walked from a photograph and left behind blackness. There is an ache that comes and goes, always returning in quiet moments. I want so much to keep her close, to talk and laugh like we once did and I know that her absence is down to me. I understand that nothing good can come of us not talking for much longer and I'd rather take the pain sooner than later. Maybe in a few months we can return to something normal, close, happy... Then we can have something that is actually good, that has a chance of lasting.....a friendship. I see Y/N everywhere I go - in the things we both love - in nature, in music, in silly things. So though she's been gone from my life for a long time, her aura remains, beautiful and strong, making the pain all the worse, keeping the feelings so raw. In time I'll learn new skills to cope, I always do, I am a survivor after all. The passage of time can dull many things, allow the brain to redirect, reinvest energy elsewhere. I still love her, I'd come running if she ever had need, but for now our paths diverge and every step is heavy yet soon we shall meet again and it will take everything within me to not break apart.

~

I return home, return to the same streets, to the same people. Yet everything has moved on in my absence; perhaps it was foolish to imagine even one thing would remain the same. My friends were beyond excited to embrace me and chatter, catching up like we never missed a beat. Afterwards it was all too obvious that the gaping hole I left on departure had long since healed and scarred up. I'm no longer part of the natural flow of their lives, everyone's out of kilter and there is an awkwardness I never expected. I still hadn't told Jungkook I was back, I wasn't ready to face him yet. I couldn't even return to the home we once shared because there were simply too many memories. 

I instead went to visit our parents, I needed the warmth and comfort they could provide me with. 

It was strange, being here again after so long. Despite how long I'd been away, I still remembered everything about the place; the blue hydrangeas planted in the front yard, the soft tinkling of the wind chimes that reminded me of summer afternoons. The blue paint had faded since I had last seen it, but I still recognized it. It looked like the colour of the sky before a bad storm.

I walked up to the door, dragging my luggage behind me. I raised my hand to knock, but I stopped. I took a deep breath, and forced myself to hit the bell. I heard the "ding-dong" sound coming from inside, and someone running to get the door.

It opened slowly, and my mother's warm, loving face was revealed. I embraced her in a tight hug, suddenly unsure why I hadn't returned in so long.

"Oh my sweet boy, I've been so worried about you....are you okay?"

I could lie, I could give her some sugar coated version of the truth but I don't....I can't so instead I say 

"No.....I'm really not."