Min Yoongi

Edited 2/12/2020

Y/N's POV

Thank you for breaking me; isn't that a line from Sinead O'Connor? I never understood it before. It used to sound like permission, albeit retroactive, to hurt someone. I get it now. Only a lover can wound so deep, cut to the very core. That level of trauma has to be an inside job. You broke me and watched me bleed. You saw me fail to eat, fail to sleep, and you kept on the pressure with your lies and manipulations, increasing the level of cruelty as you went.

Since your love turned to poison, my mind cycles through emotions faster than a kid flipping radio channels. I've gone from level to rocky - fighting a mixture of competing emotions, each of them vying for dominance. After the reboot of sleep I'm calm, the day stretching ahead with possibilities - time to get jobs done, connect with friends, enjoy nature. Yet this coping is a thin veil over trauma and even the smallest of set backs change my emotional landscape. By evening the sadness wells up, uncertainty rushing to the fore, and I know it's time to sleep. How the crazy dreams stitch my head back together I haven't a clue, it's a new miracle every night.

Min Yoongi

The first man I truly and irrecoverably fell head over heels in love with, yet it didn't last.

I still remember the day we met, how after repeated hints from my dad that he wanted a new piano for his birthday I finally gave in.

Most people would think buying a piano for your father is a rather extravagant gift, yet he wasn't just my father but my best friend. It was safe to say, I was definitely closer to my father growing up. I knew it was always something he wanted, his old piano had definitely seen better days and I knew how much playing relaxed him.

I went to my local music store and that's when our eyes first met, him sitting at the piano and me trying desperately not to look creepy as I couldn't help but stare.

Yet as he played I couldn't stop looking at him even though I tried, the passion he possessed for his craft was evident

I knew it would only end in disaster, Min Yoongi wasn't an easy man to be with yet my love for him clouded everything.

It was six amazing months later when he proposed, he called me his muse.

I was willing to spend my life making him happy.

I said yes even though six months was only a short amount of time but not caring. I knew in my heart that I had fallen deeply for him, I knew my future lay with him and nothing would change my mind.

It was a year later, his music was suffering and he took his anger out on me. It wasn't the same anymore, I tried to keep him happy but nothing worked. I still loved him, I still wanted to make him happy and spend our future together.

I finished work early one day and decided to stop by his place with some food to surprise him, I had a spare key to his apartment and let myself in.

I opened the door to his bedroom, knowing he would most likely be resting as he spent so many nights working late on his music.

Only he wasn't resting.

I was wrong to trust him, wrong to think we could make our relationship work.

I never expected to find him cheating on me, I was stupid enough to believe he loved me.

Nothing can describe the pain I felt, what's worse is that he never said sorry. I packed my things the next day and he never said a word to me, even when I left the apartment he just stood there. I never got closure, I never truly got over him.

It's now four years later and I haven't given myself to anyone since because I'm too afraid yet that doesn't mean I don't have desires and urges, for some reason since Min Yoongi there seems to be a new name haunting my every thought

Jeon Jungkook

Yet what scares me about Jungkook is that he's so similar to Yoongi, the same arrogance and attitude.

Maybe that's why I'm so attracted to him?

I'm scared, I don't want history to repeat.