Jungkook's Ending ~ Our Spot (2/2)

Y/N.

"It's good to see you, it's probably totally inappropriate for me to say this but it's been really difficult without you."

I missed him.

"I can't believe that you're actually here." I added, nerves building as did the silence between the two of us.

"It's strange." Jin finally spoke much to my immediate relief.

"What's strange?" I walked alongside him, occasionally glancing his way as we enjoyed our usual walk through the park.

I missed this.

"I thought it would be torture to see you again, even though it's been months I still wasn't ready to face you but with the wedding approaching and my niece or nephew on the way I figured it was time to bite the proverbial bullet so to speak. I was convinced that it would break me to return, that I would fall apart but it's different." 

"Different how?"

"I mean don't get me wrong, I still feel the same and I don't really think that will ever change. In time I'll hopefully meet someone new and I'm sure then the feelings will fade but not entirely, you'll always be important to me."

"You'll always be important to me too."

I stopped when we reached the cherry blossom....our cherry blossom.

"It's our spot." I smiled.

"Yeah, it's our spot." He returned my smile with a genuine one of his own.

"You should sit, my brother would kill me if I didn't take proper care of you in your current state."

I chuckled as Jin took my hand and helped me sit on the bench beneath the cherry blossom, he wasn't wrong in his assumption.

"I know he means well but he's so damn protective. I mean he's always been that way but since he found out that I was pregnant he doesn't stop, it was adorable at first but now any opportunity to get away from the house and him....I take it." I chuckle, it feels strange to be talking like this with Jin especially after everything we've been through together but he seems to take it well, he laughs at my confession as he sits beside me.

"Yeah that's Jungkook, he's always been like that." I notice the far away look in his eyes, I know that look.

"He misses you too."

"Really?"

"Jin of course he does, you're his brother and this is the longest the two of you have been apart."

"Yeah but.....he must be mad at me still for everything." 

"Jin this wasn't just your fault, all of us are to blame for what happened. The three of us made mistakes, we all got involved and hurt each other and now we need to forgive and move on with our lives."

"Is it really that simple?"

"I hope so, we can at least try. I know that I've said this over and over again but I'm truly sorry Jin for everything and I want you to know that I don't regret our relationship, never have and never will. I loved you, I still love you.....you're my best friend Jin and I want to have you in my life. I believe that you'll meet someone and when you do the feelings you have for me now will fade, I just want my best friend back and I know that might be selfish of me but can we at least try?"

It was true, I missed him desperately and it was probably wrong of me to ask for this but he was such a huge part of my life for so long and without him close nothing really felt complete....it was like a part of me was still missing.

Jungkook was one side of the coin and Jin was the other, both were important to me just in different ways and I selfishly wanted both of them. 

"I came back because I need to finally face my fears, doubts, uncertainties and finally lay them to rest. I can't run away forever, I can't hide and feel sorry for myself. I'll try, I'll give you my word that we can try to give this best friend thing a go....just be patient with me because it won't be easy at first."

I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders, for the longest time the guilt over what happened consumed me but now hopefully we could all move on.

"I'm truly happy for you and my brother, he's different....so grown up and much happier with you. You're good for him Y/N, you make him a better man."

"That means so much to me, thank you Jin."

"Two down and one to go." Jin chuckled as he leaned back, eyes focused on the delicate pink blossoms as they danced in the breeze above him.

"Jungkook should be leaving the office now, you could catch him just as he arrives home."

"What about you?" Jin takes my hand and gently runs his thumb over my knuckles.

"I'll go and see my brother, give you two some space. I just hope that we're okay now, that I haven't lost my best friend." 

He smiled and placed a kiss on my hand.

"You won't ever lose your best friend, I promise princess."

((Jungkook's ending is almost over guys! Just three more chapters to go!! I hope you're ready 👀👀💜💜😂))