Regret

Y/N's POV

I couldn't believe Min Yoongi was standing in the same room as me, he still looked good....too good.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, held back the tears which threatened to fall as his gentle eyes met my own.

"Y/N? Is that really you? You look.....beautiful."

I forced a smile, didn't want him to know just how much this was hurting me.

"Yoongi, it's been a long time. It's good to see you again, I'm happy you've finally got the business up and running."

I was proud of myself for staying so strong, fully expecting my voice to break yet it didn't.

"It's been what....four years since we last spoke?"

I couldn't believe how easily he was handling this unexpected encounter, it seemed as though what happened four years ago didn't matter to him.

Why would it?

I didn't mean anything to him back then so why would it matter now.

I kept thinking about what Jungkook said to me outside the office, his words a comfort to me in this incredibly emotional reunion.

Jungkook....

Suddenly Min Yoongi wasn't the only person occupying my thoughts, why was Jungkook so kind to me just then? I was still so confused as to what our relationship was, it certainly didn't feel like a causal friends with benefits.

I started to worry, I didn't want feelings to develop with Jungkook as that would only end with me getting my heart broken.

Jungkook was just going to be another Min Yoongi, I didn't want another Min Yoongi.

" Y/N? Is everything okay?" I snapped back to reality when Jin's gentle voice broke the awkward silence.

I hadn't spoken for a minute or so and Yoongi had diverted his gaze to the floor.

"I'm fine, what did you need Mr Jeon?"

Jin chuckled and cocked a brow.

"How many times have I told you Y/N, call me Jin."

I noticed Yoongi furrow his brow at the way Jin spoke to me, his eyes lifted to look between the two of us and there was something in his eyes I couldn't quite distinguish.....was that jealousy?

No it couldn't be.

I smiled and gave a nod.

"Of course, what do you need?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't mind gathering all the team and asking them to meet in the conference room? Say in around an hour? I'll be taking Yoongi out for lunch and then once we're back Yoongi would like to introduce himself, get to know everyone."

I gave a nod, noticing how Yoongi seemed confused as though he had many questions that needed answering.

"Jin, you don't seem surprised that myself and Y/N already know each other."

I noticed the look of panic on Jin's face which was quickly replaced with a small smile.

"Ah, well that's because Y/N already informed me that the two of you used to be friends."

"Friends? Is that what she told you?"

I felt my heart race, I knew Jin was trying to make this less awkward but it wasn't working.

"Erm, well yes. Y/N why don't you have a few minutes to talk with Yoongi, the two of you have some catching up to do. I'll quickly go and use the toilet before we leave for lunch, I'll be right back."

I wanted to yell at Jin, I wanted to tell him not to leave me and that I wasn't ready to be alone with Yoongi yet but he was too quick and suddenly I was alone....alone with the one person I wasn't yet ready to face.

I couldn't bring myself to look at him, a very awkward silence fell between the two of us.

"I'm sorry, if there's one thing in my life that I regret....it's letting you go."

I froze, I couldn't even respond.

"Y/N....I've missed you and I never stopped loving you."

He still loves me......

"Well, you should've thought of that before you fucked another woman."

Venom laced my words, anger building.

"I made a mistake, all I ever wanted from you was a second chance but you didn't even let me explain."

"Explain what Yoongi?! You cheated on me! You treated me like shit then never ran after me! So don't stand there and tell me that you still love me because if you did then you would've done more to get me back!"

Yoongi opened his mouth to reply, yet no words came out.

"See....even now you can't say shit." I laughed and rolled my eyes, even now he couldn't find the courage to tell me why he did it.

"I've got work to do, it was nice to see you again Yoongi." The sarcasm in my words was pretty obvious, I turned around only to find Jungkook standing in the doorway.

"Min Yoongi, I hope you don't mind if I borrow my girlfriend for a second do you?"

My heart skipped a beat, I didn't even know he was standing there....how much did he hear?

Was that why Yoongi never replied?

He spotted Jungkook before I did?

Yet the one thing most prominent in my mind was what Jungkook had said.....girlfriend?