Discovering The Truth (1/3)

Jungkook's POV ~

Two months away from home.

Two months away from Y/N.

I thought things would get easier; I was wrong.

I missed her so much.

I work during the day and after finishing visit the gym before heading home to eat and then sleep, this helps keep my day busy and mind occupied so I don't constantly keep thinking about Y/N.

I resist the urge whenever Jin calls to ask for her number, so many times I've wanted to ask how she's doing but stop myself because it's better this way.

I know she probably hates me, I can't really blame her. I never text or call....she probably thinks I've already moved on.

If only she knew....

If only she knew that I hadn't slept with anyone since her, if only she knew my thoughts became dominated by her whenever I stopped to take a breath.

I just kept going, kept pushing myself and kept hoping that soon it would get easier....that I would forget and move on.

Ten months later.

Jungkook's POV ~

I still thought about Y/N from time to time and often wondered how she was and if she was with someone now. I would always feel a pang of jealousy thinking of her with someone else but I didn't have the right to feel that way, I was the one who rejected her....I was the one who left.

It got easier over time, I started to make friends with the guys working with me at the Tokyo office and that helped to keep me occupied.

It took me five months to finally sleep with someone, for the longest time Y/N was the only woman I desired but after five months of nothing....it was time to move on. I didn't want a relationship, just something to satisfy my urges and so I started taking women home from different clubs around the city. I never made the mistake of sleeping with the same one twice or forming connections, I didn't want that.

I felt guilty at first, it felt like I was cheating on Y/N even though we weren't together. I remember feeling physically sick the first time it happened, my heart sinking when the woman beside me wasn't her....wasn't my Y/N.

I forced myself to not feel anything, becoming cold and distant. I wanted to satisfy my sexual urges and they wanted to fuck a hot millionaire, it was a win-win situation for both parties. I made it clear nothing more would happen, made it clear they would never see me again and if they agreed we headed back to my place.

This was my life now, I was happy....I guess.

The Tokyo office was doing well, my father was happy and his health was slowly improving. I had to keep reminding myself all this was for him, I was doing this to make him proud.

Jin sent messages daily the first few weeks, whenever he wasn't too busy we would Skype. I would keep him updated on my progress and he would constantly tell me how proud he was, it was nice to get such compliments from my hyung.

I did notice that lately he didn't have much spare time for me, whenever we talked over the phone he was always in a hurry to end the conversation and whenever I mentioned doing a Skype call he always found an excuse for why he couldn't.

I started to get suspicious, he was hiding something from me and we never kept secrets.

One month later.

Jungkook's POV ~

It was finally time to go back home.

The office in Tokyo was fully operational and doing great, my father was happy and instructed me to return home once my replacement was hired and comfortable taking over control.

I did everything he asked of me, I proved to him that he could trust me....that I was a son he could be proud of.

"I'm going to miss you buddy." Lu smiled as he helped me pack my belongings.

"It's not like you're never going to see me again, I'll visit and you can always visit me." I chuckled, grabbing some tape to seal the box I just finished packing. I would call the moving company on my way to the airport and let them know my stuff was ready to be picked up and shipped back home.

Lu was the guy taking over, he was also one of the first friends I made at the Tokyo office.

I actually encouraged him to interview for the job, I knew he was more than capable of running the office and keeping it to the standard expected.

Lu was nervous but I knew he would do a great job.

Thirty minutes later.

Jungkook's POV ~

"I think that's everything." I sighed, taking one final look around my apartment. It was so empty now, it felt strange to be leaving it behind.

"You excited about going home?" Lu asked as he passed me a beer.

"I guess." I smiled, thanking him for the beverage.

"You seem a little hesitant, nervous about going back to your old office?" He took a sip of his drink, leaning back against the kitchen counter.

"No....that's not what I'm nervous about."

"Then what are you nervous about?"

Seeing her again....seeing Y/N.