Chapter One

"VICTORIA ASH BROWN, GET UP, WE DON'T WANT TO BE LATE FOR YOUR FIRST DAY!!"

I groan, pulling the sheets over me to cover the sun making it way into my eyes. Seriously, do I have to get up? I mean who actually wants to wake up for school, especially if you're not a morning person like I am. I know that I have to get up eventually, but I just want a few more minutes of sleep. Like come on, can I not get just a little bit-

"Come on young lady, it's time to GET UP! I'm not asking again!" yells Mom, pulling the sheets off me, leaving me shivering in my pj's from the sudden coldness of the morning.

 I sigh, giving in and decide that there is no point just laying there freezing to death. So I sit up, rubbing my eyes to get rid of my morning tiredness. 

"We're leaving in 30 mins," Mom said, leaving the room shutting the door behind her.

 I get up, raise my arms over my head and stretch. Morning stretches are the best, they get your body loose and feel less tight or sore. I start walking to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Once I'm done I go to my closet and I pick out an oversized green sweater paired with black leggings and ankle socks. Before I go downstairs, I check myself in the mirror. Looking at myself I see a new me or try to anyway. Everything that happened in Omaha, I need to forget. This is a new place, a new start. 

I take one last look and breath out any doubt and nervousness I have and open my door and walk down the stairs. I am suddenly greeted with the smell of chocolate chip pancakes. I smile to myself, I LOVE chocolate chip pancakes. My dad makes the best pancakes ever. 

"Morning beautiful, sleep well?" asked Dad, as he flips the pancake.

"Yeah, until Mom woke me up" I replied slightly annoyed at the thought.

 My dad is one of those guys that love to cook. He always tries new recipes and makes Mum and I the test subjects. He's taller than me (obviously) and always wears a suit to work. My dad recently found a job as a lawyer at Lawyer's enterprise. He's a big guy that has this bald spot on the back of his head in a shape of a mushroom. The funny thing is he used to have LOTS of hair, more than I do, and I have extremely thick hair.  

I walk past my dad and start to set the table. As I'm setting the plates down, Mum walks in wearing a black suit with her hair nicely curled that sets on her shoulders. My mom recently got transferred to work at the Royal Ontario Museum as an archaeologist, which is the reason why we had to move to Toronto. 

"Good, you're down, we need to leave in exactly......20 minutes, so let's hurry up and eat cause I don't want to be late on my first day," Mum said, while she quickly walks to get the utensils and sets them down. 

I sit down at the table and try to patiently wait for breakfast. Mom comes and sits down in front of me, fixing her outfit. 

"OK, breakfast is served!!" Dad said as he places the delicious pancakes in front of us, for us to eat. 

I grab my fork and greedily take 2 pancakes, licking my lips. I can't wait to EAT! I take the syrup that my dad put on the table and start to pour it on my food. Once I'm done, I start to cut my pancake into pieces. 

"So, you ready for your first day, kiddo?" Dad asked, as he starts to munch on his food.

"Not really, I mean I'm........excited but nervous at the same time" I reply stuffing another piece into my mouth.

"I still can't believe that our daughter is in her last year of high school," Mum said, looking shocked.

"By the time we know it, she would be heading off to university," Dad said, looking at me.

I nod in response. My face is to stuffed to tell them to not worry about it. Once we are all done our breakfast and washed up, it's 8:00 am; which means it's time to leave. 

"Goodbye, kiddo, have fun," said Dad as he kisses me on the head and starts to leave for the door. As he starts putting on his shoes, he kisses my mom goodbye. 

"Bye, Daddy, have fun too" I answer back. Just as I finish talking, he goes out the door and shuts it behind him. 

"Ok, honey it's time to go, come on, get in the car," said Mom. 

I nod and go to the door and put my shoes on, which are just black converse and head towards the car. I head over to the passenger side of my moms red Volkswagen Beetle. As soon as I get in, Mum opens her door and gets in and with that, we start to head for school. 

10 minutes later, we arrive at Riverfield High, my new school for the next 10 months. Mum stops at the front entrance. 

"Ok, here we are, have fun okay? Remember to get your schedule at the office" Mum said. 

"Yeah, I'll see you later, bye" I replied.

 "Bye, sweetheart" Moms replies with a smile. 

I open the door and head out. I hear my mom zoom away from behind me. I stare at the enormous building, standing in front of me. The building is large with huge windows on the front with 2 levels. It's mainly grey and white; very modern for a high school. I look around at all the people walking with their friends to school. However, I'm met with a pair of cold brown eyes. I try to get a proper look at who those eyes belong to. But when I look again, they're gone. What the heck? Am I imagining this? I shake my head, pushing the thought to the back of my head and give my attention back at the school I'm about to enter.

I sigh and begin walking towards the building.

Here. We. Go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first chapter of my first novel. Sorry for my bad writing, but I'm trying. Every Sunday (Eastern Time Zone), there will be another chapter, hopefully. I'll try my best to get one in every week. 

1092 words.