Chapter Thirty Four

"Good luck" I said as Jack leans down our lips connecting as he gives me a soft yet passionate kiss. He pulls away, giving me a wink. 

"See you after the game" He said before turning around and jogging back onto the field. I smile and watch my boyfriends retreating figure as he joins Theo with his warm up. The way his jersey fits perfectly on him, showing off his amazing body, makes me want to drool all over him. 

I look down and smile at my outfit. I'm wearing Jack's other jersey as  it's apparently a tradition at Riverfield. The players give it to their biggest supporter and it's basically a big deal to be wearing one. I look at the light blue football jersey that goes down to just above my knees. Jack's last name, Collins, is written on top of the number '20' in white that sits at the back of the jersey. Ever since his grandparents passed away, he didn't let anyone wear it until I came, despite the protest of the school. However, he claims that no one here really deserves to wear his signature jersey..... until I came. 

"Come on, let's get some popcorn before getting our seats. I already got a friend to reserve them" Jess said, grabbing me by the arm as we make our way to the popcorn stand. 

Jess is also wearing the same jersey but with George's last name, Sinclair, as well the number '18' on it. Like mine, it ends at her knees and for once, she's not wearing her signature leather jacket however, she still has her hair slicked back in a high ponytail along with her signature smokey eyes. Unlike Molly, Jess isn't into the whole cheer-leading thing and much rather prefers to sit on the sidelines and cheer them on from there. 

As we get in queue for the popcorn, I see multiple people from Eastview, dressed in their black and yellow jerseys or white and yellow jerseys. I scrunch my nose in disgust as I see Kaitlyn backed up against the bleachers with Mike all over her. 

"Gross, huh? I try not to pay attention, even though they're practically having sex everywhere" Jess said, as we take a step closer to the popcorn stand. 

"What can I get you?" a boy, a junior with dark skin, a deep shade of brown dressed in a maroon uniform asked once we reached the front of the line. His fingers twisting together. 

"Can we get a large popcorn and two cotton candies? Both of them blue please with layered butter on the popcorn" Jess replied, taking out a twenty and handing out to him. 

The boy takes it, purposely brushing Jess's hand as he does it. The boy hands back the change, smiling at Jess, who's not even sparing me a glance. I raise an eyebrow at Jess, who's seems unfazed by this boys nervous and obvious crush on her. The nervously fiddles with the end of his shirt as he walks towards the cotton candies. Jess and I walk over to the end of the stand as he hands us the cotton candy, his hand shaking. One of his colleagues, an Asian boy with a short hair cut also dressed in a maroon uniform goes to hand us the popcorn, however the dark skinned boy takes it from him. The Asian boy frowns at him before shrugging and helping another customer. He hands Jess the popcorn, some of it spilling out as his hands shake. Jess hands me the cotton candy as she takes it. 

"Thanks" she mumbles as grabs some tissue. 

"Y-you're w-welcome" the boy stutters in response. Jess doesn't pay attention and turns away and starts to walk back towards the bleachers. The boy watches her walk away before looking down at me. i give him a tight smile and shrug my shoulders before catching up with Jess. 

"That boy does definitely have something for you" I said to Jess once I caught up with her. 

"I know. He's been crushing on me since third grade, his names Everett" She replied, rolling her eyes. 

"There weird; guys" I said, not understanding the other gender. 

"I know right? It's like there blind that I'm taken.... like don't you see the jersey I'm wearing? It's says Sinclair with the fucking number 18 on it! Like dude!" Jess said, ranting as she throws her arms in the air. I chuckle at her behaviour.