Chapter Thirty Three

The line goes dead and I peel the phone away from my ear, frowning. 

"What's wrong?" Jack asked, turning towards me. 

I shake my head, "Nothing, just a cousin of um... mine" I lie. My stomach twists into knots as I say those words to him. I know that I should tell him but at the same time I don't want to burden him more and make him more worried than he already is. 

Jack opens his mouth to say something but then I hear the bell ring and I turn away from him, opening the car door and getting out. Jack waits a few moments before doing the same. I walk over to the garbage can a few metres away and throw away the trash. As I walk back to the car, I'm greeted by Molly instantly as she pulls me into a bear hug. 

"How was yesterday?" She asked me once we pull away, wiggling her eyebrows. I feel my cheeks go a deep shade of red as I turn my head to look at Jack. We make eye contact and he smiles. I bite my lip and turn back to Molly, looking at her through my lashes. 

"You did it didn't you?!?!" She said in shock. I quickly put my hand to her mouth muffling all the extra stuff she's saying. Jack frown at us and my cheeks heat up as I quickly push the thought away and put on a smile. 

Molly pries my hand away from my face before saying, "I want details!" 

"Later," I said before turning around and pushing her back towards the school. The others meet us halfway and each of them greets Jack and I. 

"How are you feeling?" Lincoln said once we embrace. He gives me a squeeze and I return it. 

"Good, you?" I ask once we pull away. Lincoln has been visiting me every day since the accident and that really shows that he cares a lot for my well-being. He's definitely an amazing friend. 

"Good," He replied, scratching the back of his head. I nod and the conversation falls flat which makes me question what's up with him. Ever since I woke up in that coma, he's..... he's been acting differently..... like he's not his usual bubbly and outgoing self. 

"So, where are we going for lunch?" Jace said, licking his lips as he rubs his stomach. I scoff and smile while shaking my head. 

"You were supposed to eat before we met up with Jack and Vic," Theo said, hitting the back of Jace's head. 

"I was?!? No one told me" He said, defending himself. Everyone sighs and Jace holds up his hands to surrender. 

Before anyone can say anything, a black Ford Fusion pulls up in front of us. I feel the boys stiffen all around us and I somehow I feel like I know this car. Both sides of the car open up, revealing Mike, dressed in all black and Kaitlyn, wearing all neon pink, from head to toe. Jack pulls me closer to his side and silently growls. 

"Look who it is.... Jack and his puny little gang," Mike said, facing us. Kaitlyn comes and stands beside him, putting her hands on her hips. 

"Puny?.... Excuse me, these guns are bigger than your tiny ass ones.... what are those sticks there?" Jace said, showing off his muscular biceps. I'll admit there are big, but not as big as Jack's.

"No, Jace, the only sticks here is your dick" Mike shot back, crossing his arms in front of him. 

"Oh really? A stick, huh? Cause last time I slept with your girl here, my 'stick' was big enough to make her scream" Jace said, squaring up to him. Kaitlyn looks down as she blushes before quickly masking as she glares at Jace. I mentally gagged at the thought of Jace and Kaitlyn together. 

The fury in Mike's eyes grows larger as Jace holds a smug smile. Mike takes a threatening step towards him. The boys also step forwards creating a five-man wall, only inches away from Mike. All of them are pretty tall, averaging about 6'2", with Jack being the tallest by half an inch. Whereas Mike is standing at 6 feet-ish, letting the boys tower over him by a bit.