Chapter Nine

"Mom said she might be back by Friday," Dad said as he places an omelette in front of me. He takes a seat at our kitchen table diagonal from me. 

It's Monday, and Mom hasn't come back yet. I haven't heard from her the past few days but I'm glad Dad has. 

"That's good" I answer picking up my fork and knife to eat. 

Dad nods. "So your friend that picks you up, what her name?" Dad asks

"Well usually it would be Molly and Theo, but today Jack's picking me up," I said taking a bite of my breakfast. 

"Jack?" Dad asks raising an eyebrow. 

"He's just a friend, Dad. Plus he drives a Camaro ZL1," I said pointing my fork at him. 

"Camaro?..............spoiled rich kid" Dad mumbles eating another piece of his omelette. 

I cough. "He isn't rich Dad. His grandparents gave it to him before they passed away in a car accident" I explain, leaving out the illegal racing part. 

I'm sure Dad would not be happy to hear his daughter going to illegal car races, in the middle of nowhere without 'adult supervision'. Even being seventeen, my Dad, who's the flexible one, wouldn't like that idea, especially Mom, who would freak out and make sure I never hang out with them again. 

"Whatever" Dad grumbles looking down at his food.

Just as we both take our last bite of breakfast, the doorbell rings. I collect the plates while Dad opens the door. It's probably Jack, I would go and open the door but Dad insisted to meet at least one of my friends. 

"Hello, Mr. Brown" I hear Jack say. 

"Hello, Jack, right?" Dad asks

"Yes, sir, is Victoria ready to go?" Jack answers. 

"Vic, your friend is here" Dad shouts from the doorway. I put the dishes in the dishwasher and turn off the tap before drying my hands and walking towards the door. I grab my bag that's by the staircase as well as my shoes and coat. 

"I hear you drive a Camaro ZL1," Dad said looking at the car as I'm putting on my black converse that is paired with a fitting off the shoulder black sweater with white ripped jeans. 

"Yes, sir. It's apparently one of Vic's favourite cars" Jack said looking towards me. 

"It sure is. When she discovered it, she wouldn't stop talking about it, trust me" Dad answers shaking his head. 

"Oh, I know Mr.Brown, I know. When I showed it to her, she fangirled and went crazy over it" Jack said chuckling. 

"You guys know, I'm right here right?" I ask standing up and putting on my coat. Jack shrugs and Dad just continues to smile. I pick up my bag but Jack grabs it from me and swings it over his shoulder. 

"I can carry it myself, you know," I tell him. 

"Goodbye Mr. Brown, enjoy your day," Jack said completely ignoring me and walks to the car. 

I sigh. "Bye Dad," I said.

"He's being a gentleman, Vic," Dad said to me. I groan in response.

"Bye, kiddo, have a good day" Dad chuckle kissing me on my head before I follow Jack to the car.

Jack throws my bag along with his in the back and holds the door open for me. I thank him and get in the car. He walks to the driver's seat and we pull out of my driveway.

-----------------------------------------------

By the time it's lunch, Molly and I are walking towards our lunch table both with tray's of food in our hands. Once we get there, Molly sits beside Theo. I'm about to put my food down and sit but someone pushes me out of the way and sits down at MY spot.