Chapter Twenty Eight

Jack's POV

It's been a few weeks later since the encounter with David and nothing much has passed. Everyday after school I would rush to pick up the twins and then head to the hospital to check on Victoria and basically spend any free time I can with her. Halloween passed and as usual, Grayson hosted the party but with Vic not being able to be there I didn't go, however, I did as she wanted and dressed in a dog onesie and put some cat ears. I on her just to make it a bit festive. It has been a bit of depressing few weeks, it was like something was missing which is true. Lunch wasn't as light and flowing as it would have been and it all just feels like a whole flop. The weather is getting colder by the day and I can't wait for it to snow that we can all build forts and have a snow ball fight. 

Hayden has contacted me to update on the state of 'The Speedway' and other details about what happened that night. Apparently, they've moved location to another spot of town, this time an hour south of the city. They've managed to find three out of the five people responsible for the shooting and all of them correspond to David. Many people were sent to the hospital, including Jayden, but fortunately, most of them are fine. I knew that David was somehow responsible but how and where he got those men to do it, I don't know. 'The Speedway' started back up last week but I didn't attend due to the fact that I wanted to stay with Victoria even though I know she'll probably shout at me for not going and earning more money to support myself and the twins. 

Other news is that football season started and as usual The Riverfield Raiders will win the season just like last year and the year before that. Theo, Jace, George, Lincoln and I made the team as usual. Our first game is next Friday against out school rival, Eastview Eagles, which means that I have to see Mike on the field. However, I have no problem beating him, I always have and always will. Being quarterback and the captain of the team helps to outsmart and outplay not just the Eagles but other teams as well. Also having George as the wide receiver, Lincoln as the halfback, Theo as a Tight End and Jace as the centre helps as well. 

"Big bro?" Bella said, tilting her head to the side. 

"Hhmm?" I ask, bringing myself out of my thoughts and looking towards her. 

"Are we going to visit Victoria today?" She asks as she wipes her mouth from the chocolate that was on her face. 

"Obviously" Mathew responded, rolling his eyes. I raise an eyebrow at him but he ignores it and shoves the last piece of the cone into his mouth. 

"I wasn't talking to you!" Bella said, pushing him slightly. He rolls his eyes again before mumbling he's going to wash his hands. 

"To answer your question, yes, we are," I said and she nods before finishing her ice cream and wiping her fingers on the tissue paper. Once Mathew comes back we start to get ready and head out of the shop. 

"Bye Edna," I said as we pass her. She smiles back and I open the door for the twins as they go under my arm and walk towards the car. The cold breeze hits my face as my hair flies back a little from the wind. My hooded denim not doing its job as the wind sends slight shivers on my back. 

I open the passenger door of the Camaro -that I picked up from the shop earlier today- and let the twins in before closing it and heading to the driver side. I slide into the car and turn on the car, letting the engine roar before settling into a soft purr. I pull out of the driveway and take the highway towards the hospital. 

--------------------------------

Once we turn the corridor that leads to Victoria, we see George and Jace standing outside the doorway. They both lean on either side of the doorway, looking at the ground, their faces showing nothing. George spots me first and hits Jace on the arm lightly as they both stand up straight and walk to meet us.