Chapter Nineteen

I wake up to the sound of pans and plates clashing together. I groan and pull the covers closer to myself. I look at the clock, it reads 7:15 am and I groan again. 

  CLANK, CLANK, BOOM

I let out a frustrated groan. Why can't I have just a few more minutes of sleep?!? Even just a few more minutes of sleep can make a difference between feeling like a zombie and being the best possible self you can. 

CLANK, CLANK, BOOM, CLANK, BOOM, CLICK, CLANK

"What the actual fuck?!?" I shout in frustration, pulling the covers over my head.  As the sound continues, I get more frustrated and decide that I've had enough. I pull back the covers and I'm greeted by a fistful of the cold morning air. I would usually be freezing but I don't care right now, all I care about is my sleep! I instantly get up and lean over the staircase and see Dad making his usual breakfast for all of us. I decide to not shout at him  since a) he's my dad, b) I'm already on not so great terms with Mom, c) I'll be in deep shit. So I close my eyes and try to control my anger of being woken up. Take deep breaths, Vic, deep breaths, I tell myself. I open my eyes and walk back to my room. I know that I won't be able to fall asleep again so I decide to head to my closet to pick out some clothes for the day. 

I spend about ten minutes picking out my outfit since I'm super indecisive. In the end, I pick out a black and white plaid cardigan/shirt with a cropped fitting grey tank-top paired with black leggings as well as some black Nike's. I quickly head into the bathroom to finish up my morning routine. 

Once I'm finished, the clock reads 7:30 am. The noise has stopped so I assume Dad is finished with breakfast. I take my phone that is charging on my nightstand. I pause when I see the picture of Olivia and I on my nightstand. I pick it up and sit on my bed and smile. This picture was taken on my birthday last year. She threw this insane party for me and it turned out to be one of the best days of my life. We both are smiling like idiots and we each have our arms around each other. I sigh, that was the old days back in Omaha. But then my smile turns into a sad one when I remember that was the last birthday I've ever had with her. I put the picture back down before I start sobbing and get up and sigh. I run a hand through my hair before taking a few deep breaths to clear my head. 

"God, I hope you're in a better place, O" I mumble before opening my bedroom door and heading down the stairs. 

As I head downstairs, it's pretty silent, and I frown. However, as I turn the corner, I see both my parents making out on the counter aggressively. Mom is sat on the counter, Dad in between her legs, grabbing her waist, his fingers inching closer to her butt. I quickly cover my eyes and scream. I'M SERIOUSLY SCARRED!!!!!! Both of them jump apart from each other and quickly fix their outfits. 

"You guys done?" I ask as I peer through my fingers. 

Dad clears his throat before saying "Yeah, sorry, kiddo" as he adjusts his suit. I drop my hands to my side before taking a deep breath, trying to forget the image of my parents getting on each other. 

"Sorry, honey. We didn't know you would be up. Usually, we have to come up and wake you." Mom adds in. 

"Yeah," I said awkwardly as I walk past them and start to set up the table. 

"The one morning you decide to be on time" I hear Dad mumble. I chuckle and shake my head at him. 

I grab the plates from the cupboard and walk around the kitchen island and set the plates down on the table. Mom seems to notice and helps me with the utensils and Dad brings over the delicious looking chocolate chip pancakes. The smell fills the air and my stomach grumbles. I lick my lips before sitting down at my usual spot on the table before grabbing my fork and taking a few pancakes on my plate. Dad puts down the maple syrup on the table and I'm the first to take it and pour lots of it onto my plate, drowning the pancakes in the sticky substance.