Chapter Fourty Three

"I trust you, Molly. I'm sure you won't make me look like a clown" I said, sitting on the white and light pink chair, in front of Molly's makeup table thing in her room. 

Tonight is prom and I've been feeling anxious and excited all week and it's finally come. Mum gave me permission to leave half day with Molly and get ready for tonight. Molly tried to get Jess to come and get ready with us but she refused and I know that, deep down, it's my fault. 

Molly has her hair in those things that makes your hair curly while I (well she) decide that I should put my hair up . I close my eyes as she starts to do my eye shadow and I can hear the faints chuckles from the guys downstairs. They came after school and judging by the laughter, there already done where Molly and I aren't even halfway done. Mum and Dad as well as Molly's Mom are here too to take pictures and stuff and to make sure we leave safely. 

I just find it so unfair that guys get it so much easier to get dressed. For events such as a wedding or a prom like ours, they can just wear a suit and that's all. Whereas us girls, we have all these different styles of dresses that we have to choose from. On top of that we have our hair and makeup to make us look (at least in my case), somewhat decent. 

"Okay, how about this?" Molly asked when she pulled away. I open my eyes and I see a dark blue and and green colour blended beautifully into my eye. She applied the fake lashes to perfection due to the fact I can't even feel it on me. 

It fits perfectly with my hair and my dress and a gigantic smile appears on my face

Molly claps her hands and squeals, before smiling like a lunatic

"YOU look AMAZING, girl. JACK IS LITERALLY GONNA GO HARD WHEN WE SEES YOU!!!!" Molly said, jumping up and down analyzing how I look. 

"Thanks, M. You did amazing" I said, looking at myself in the mirror. 

"Okay, go put on your dress while I do my makeup and then we can strut downstairs like goddesses" Molly said, shooing me off to put on my dress. I chuckle and shake my head before walking towards the bathroom to put on my dress. 

Once I slip on the dress, I can't help but admire how I look in the mirror. I look so different from how I would normally look and I can't help but feel beautiful and confident. It's so weird how in a matter of a few hours you look and feel so good and confident in yourself with just a few strokes of a brush. I cannot help but feel so grateful that Molly did an amazing job with my look. I wouldn't have looked so good if it weren't for her.